Resources and links
- Ph.D. – Horticulture – Colorado State University
- M.S. – Horticulture – Colorado State University
- M.S. – Philosophy – University of Colorado
- B.S. – Horticulture – Iowa State University
- Physiology and ecology of turfgrass responses to abiotic stresses and the use of synthetic and natural plant growth regulators (Class A-F; Ervin and Zhang, 2007) for improved stress response.
- Adaptation (variety and germplasm evaluation) and cultural management (irrigation, fertility, mowing, cultivation) requirements of cool- and warm-season turfgrasses used on golf courses, lawns, parks, athletic fields, and roadsides.
- Ecology and adaptation of native grasses and forbs for pollinator meadows in the mid-Atlantic
- Frequent speaker on best management practices at regional, national, and international turfgrass continuing education conferences.
- Fellow, American Society of Agronomy
- Past Chair, Turfgrass Science Division (C5), Crop Science Society of America
- Member, International Turfgrass Society
- LEAD21, Class XI