The Career Center recognizes the unique career development needs of master’s and doctoral students. These include support for the transition to a career outside of academia, continued development of professional skills, and access to employers seeking graduate-level candidates.
Graduate Student services:
Career Appointments: Schedule an appointment with a career counselor who specializes in a variety of professional development areas, such as goal setting, the job and internship search, and applying for further study. Make an appointment online through Handshake.
Workshops: Further develop your skill set through programs on an assortment of topics, such as resume and cover letter writing, networking, and interviewing. See our calendar for a list of upcoming workshops.
Career Fairs: Meet face-to-face with employers at our career fairs and networking meetups.
On-Campus Interviews: Many employers visit campus throughout the year to specifically recruit University of Delaware graduate students. Search and apply for these opportunities through Handshake.
GRADUATE RESUME TEMPLATES
FREE CAREER RESOURCES:
- Handshake: One stop shop for all jobs, on-campus interviewing opportunities, events, workshops, and more.
- VMock (Master’s Students): Online resume critiquing system, allows UD Master’s students to receive customized suggestions for their resume based on criteria gathered from employers and UD resume standards – anywhere and anytime.
- Interview Stream: A virtual platform for practicing your interviewing skills.
- Big Interview: Learn and practice your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for
a job or graduate school.
- UD Career Acceleration Network (UD CAN): Join an online career community where you can ask questions and get advice from UD alumni and other Blue Hens. UD CAN will help you build a network of advocates and mentors who will support your career development and engage in conversations about career exploration, employers, career fields, job/internship search preparation, graduate school and job shadowing. Take a few moments to complete your UD Career Acceleration Network (UD CAN) profile!
- CareerShift - Job Hunting & Career Management Solutions.
- ImaginePhD: Online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
Alternative PhD Careers: A networking group for PhD’s who work or want to work outside of the academy.
Lerner Graduate-MBA Career Resources: Find resources specific to pursuing a career in the business world.