The Career Center recognizes the unique career development needs of master’s and doctoral students. These include support for the transition to a career outside of academia, continued development of professional skills, and access to employers seeking graduate-level candidates.
GRADUATE STUDENT SERVICES:
Career Appointments: Schedule an appointment with a career counselor who specializes in a variety of professional development areas, such as goal setting, the job and internship search, and applying for further study. Make an appointment online through Handshake.
- Career Fairs: Meet face-to-face with employers at our career fairs and networking meetups.
- Job & Internship Recruiting: Employers utilize Handshake to recruit graduate students for jobs, internships and other career experiences Search and apply for these opportunities through Handshake.
- On-Campus Interviews: Many employers visit campus throughout the year to specifically recruit University of Delaware graduate students. Search and apply for these opportunities through Handshake.
- Programming & Workshops: The Career Center actively collaborates with graduate programs and graduate student organizations to develop career preparation programming.
- Graduate Internship Award: The Graduate College believes that internship experiences enhance our students’ graduate education, broaden their knowledge of career options and prepare them for success in desired career paths. Click here to learn more about this program.
FREE CAREER RESOURCES:
- Handshake: One stop shop for all jobs, on-campus interviewing opportunities, events, workshops, and more.
- VMock (Master’s Students): Online resume critiquing system, allows UD Master’s students to receive customized suggestions for their resume based on criteria gathered from employers and UD resume standards – anywhere and anytime.
- Big Interview: Learn and practice your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for
a job or graduate school.
- UD Career Acceleration Network (UD CAN): Join an online career community where you can ask questions and get advice from UD alumni and other Blue Hens. UD CAN will help you build a network of advocates and mentors who will support your career development and engage in conversations about career exploration, employers, career fields, job/internship search preparation, graduate school and job shadowing. Take a few moments to complete your UD Career Acceleration Network (UD CAN) profile!
- CareerShift - Job Hunting & Career Management Solutions.
- ImaginePhD: Online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
Alternative PhD Careers: A networking group for PhD’s who work or want to work outside of the academy.
Lerner Graduate-MBA Career Resources: Find resources specific to pursuing a career in the business world.