Majors & Communities
Exploring Majors & Career Communities
The Career Center provides tailored services based on industry-focused career communities. These career communities supply guidance on preparation steps, experiences and connections needed to be competitive in the workplace.
Choosing a career community or several career communities presents tailored opportunities to connect academic studies to the world of work. Additionally, being a part of a career community allows for a more personalized career experience through customized newsletters, networking events and more.
JOINING CAREER COMMUNITIES GIVES YOU ACCESS TO:
- Meetings with career counselors who specialize in your areas of interest
- Jobs and internships, professional development opportunities, events, programs and resources
- Alumni, employer and graduate school connections
Not sure which industry you would like to pursue or which career community best fits your interests? Check out Exploring & Deciding.
SIGN UP FOR THE CAREER COMMUNITIES THROUGH HANDSHAKE
- Log into your Handshake account
- Click on your name/profile photo at the top of your home screen
- Pick "Career Interests" from the drop down menu
- Choose the communities of interest to you
- Start learning about jobs, internships and events in your desired fields
The UD Career Center is part of the Division of Student Life, which advances equity and inclusion, deepens student learning and drives holistic development through education, experiences and communities.