Global Study Programs Offered
Undergrad and grad majors
Students & Alumni
Career Fairs &
The University of Delaware Career Center is committed to partnering with you to fulfill your recruiting needs. The University of Delaware Career Center is the centralized career office serving undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni. Our team will help you navigate recruiting at the University of Delaware and assist you with developing customized recruiting strategies to support your hiring goals. Fall 2022 recruitment activities will include a combination of in-person and virtual experiences. We look forward to supporting your recruiting efforts!
- Post an internship or job via Handshake
Join us at any of our virtual or in-person career fairs and meetups
Conduct in-person or virtual interviews (set up via Handshake)
Conduct 1:1 virtual office hours with students
Get started today by contacting the Employer & Alumni Engagement Team.
Employers interested in obtaining eager students with initiative and creative ideas for full-time, part-time and/or internship opportunities can post open positions on our recruiting platform, Handshake. More than 44,000 UD students and alumni have access to search postings and can apply to your position directly through Handshake.
Nonprofit organizations interested in obtaining individual students or student groups for one-time or regular volunteer projects can also post opportunities in Handshake.
Use Handshake to manage all of your campus recruiting needs - career fair and meetup registrations, requests for on-campus and virtual interview dates, and information sessions/tables.
Posting your job, internship, and/or volunteer listing(s) at UD is free on Handshake.
Get started posting in Handshake*:
To create an employer Handshake account, click the link below:
*University of Delaware departments and offices are encouraged to register with our Handshake database as an employer and post all part-time and on-campus job openings for students.
Questions or concerns contact: The Employer Relations Team - (302) 831-2391, email@example.com
Recruit University of Delaware students through various digital and in-person events and experiences!
Career Fairs & Meetups - UD hosts multiple in-person and digital career fairs and meetups each semester to provide opportunities to connect with our students.
- Industry Insight Nights - Host a 30-minute virtual session to showcase your company, career opportunities, day-to-day operations, and more! Industry Insight Nights replace traditional information session offerings.
- Employer in Residence - Host 1:1 virtual office hour sessions where students can sign up for timeslots to get their resume reviewed, have a mock interview, practice their elevator pitch or just simply learn more about your organization.
- Industry/Professional Development Workshop - Share your industry expertise and career development tips with students.
RSO Outreach - Help establish your brand on campus by reaching out directly to RSOs (Registered Student Organizations). Invite student organizations to meet you at a Career Fair or Meetup or host a session for multiple student organizations.
Log into your Handshake employer account and select “Request Event” to get started. The Career Center will coordinate the logistics of room scheduling, food, and advertising to your audience.
Contact – The Events Team for more information or to create your customized event.
Each year approximately 200 organizations come to the University of Delaware to conduct interviews with our talented students at our facility. The Virtual Interview Program uses a pre-screening process to allow employers to select only those candidates who meet their hiring criteria. Interview dates must be set a minimum of 4 weeks in advance.
All interviews for the 2021 Fall Semester will be held virtually during normal business hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
FALL SEMESTER VIRTUAL INTERVIEW DATES:
Thursday, July 1, 2021 through Wednesday, December 15, 2021
WINTER/SPRING SEMESTER VIRTUAL INTERVIEW DATES:
Tuesday, January 4, 2022 through Friday, May 13, 2022
Employers who wish to participate in our Virtual Interview Program should contact Danielle Nantais-Wenzel, Employer Partner and Recruiting Coordinator at (302) 831-8838 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to HANDSHAKE to post your open positions and request an interview date.
- Upon approval of your job posting and interview date, students will be able to view your position in Handshake.
- Up to 14 days prior to the interview date: Students can submit resumes and other required documents online for consideration by organizations.
- 14-8 days prior to the interview date: Organizations review submitted documents and E-mail selected students to sign up for an interview.
- 7-2 days prior to the interview date: Selected students can sign up online for their interview time.
- 2 days prior to the interview date: Selected alternate students can sign up online for their interview time.
- 1 day prior to interview date: Interview schedules are "frozen." Any changes or cancellations must be made by contacting the Employer Partner and Recruiting Coordinator, Danielle Nantais-Wenzel.
- Interview Date: Students are asked to login for their interview 5 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time to check in and prepare for the interview and meet with any “greeters” your organization may have in the virtual waiting room.
- Please inform the Employer Partner and Recruiting Coordinator Coordinator, Danielle Nantais-Wenzel of any student no shows.
The University of Delaware is committed to assuring equal opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, or disability in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues.
Offered over winter and summer terms, our job shadow program allows students to learn more about various professions, receive career-related advice, and reflect on the ways in which their education can prepare them for life after college. Sign up to host a student for a one or two day job shadowing experience that is convenient for both you and the student.
Offer an internship during UD’s winter/fall/spring semesters or during summer break. The experience will help to expose a student to a career area of interest and will provide you with an eager intern to assist with projects.
By becoming a UD Athlete Internship host, you can connect with the university, see your professional experience in a new light and make a direct and positive impact on the professional development of young student athletes. In addition, your organization can benefit from the additional exposure and the unique values that student-athletes bring to the workforce.
The goal of the program is to create mutually beneficial experiences for the athletes and the UD employers, alumni and parent participants. Thereby, allowing University of Delaware athletes to gain valuable professional experience and stand out among the competition.
Offer a three to five-week internship during UD’s winter term, when over 60% of UD students are available for full or part-time experiences throughout the country. The experience will help to expose a student to a career area of interest and will provide you with an eager intern to assist with projects for the month.
To ensure that an experience - whether it is a traditional internship, conducted remotely, or virtually - is educational and thus eligible to be considered a legitimate internship, the UD Career Center adheres to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Position Statement on Internships.
If your organization does not intend to provide compensation for internships, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Fair Labor Standards Act as it relates to Internship Programs. Academic credit may legitimize an unpaid experience, some employers may require students to enroll in our Experiential Internship course, UNIV 364, to gain credit as part of the internship experience.
UD students value organizations that prioritize inclusive recruiting practices that promote a work environment that supports diverse populations in their professional roles. This resource is intended to provide you with some quick tips for talking to students about your organization’s commitment to diversity. Providing evidence that the company has support structures in place to ensure the success of underrepresented employees is essential.
How your company fosters an inclusive culture
- Does your company have mentoring programs? Employee affinity/resource groups?
- Family friendly programs such as job sharing, flexible work schedule options?
- Does your company have unbiased retention in the workforce, meaning that employees are retained at equal levels regardless of race/ethnicity or gender?
- What does diversity look like at all levels particularly at the management, executive, and board levels?
Where and with whom your company does business
- Do your company’s suppliers include small, women, minority, and/or LGBTQ suppliers?
- Does your company conduct business with and/or have products made in countries that do not protect the human rights of their workers?
- What are the causes that your company’s charitable efforts benefit?
- What is your company’s corporate and social responsibility commitment? Community impact?
Your company’s compliance with federal laws
- What is your company’s non-discriminatory policy on sexual orientation and gender identity?
- Does your company have a proven track record of having no civil rights violations?
The inclusivity of your benefits package
- What are your company’s spousal/partner benefits?
- Does your company have a maternity/paternity leave policy?
- Do your company’s benefits include transgender inclusive health insurance
"Thank you for your interest in recruiting University of Delaware students. Our Career Center staff is excited to partner with you to achieve your hiring goals. Please see a list of our staff who are happy to help."
NATHAN ELTON, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Employer Engagement & Career Connections
Internships & Career Experiences
Areas of Focus:
Career Access & Mobility Initiative
Find out how graduates are succeeding
ENROLLMENT & CURRICULUM
23,613 students enrolled in seven colleges.
Find more facts & figures about Blue Hen talent here.
90% of graduates are employed or continuing education. Find out more about our graduates' success.
- Top 20% of Forbes Americas’ Top Colleges
- Best Colleges for Veterans, U.S. News
- Top 23% Best Engineering, Grad School, U.S. News (2018)
- Top 27% Best Engineering, Undergraduate, U.S. News (2018)
- Top 25% of Public Schools, U.S. News (2018)
- Top 14% in Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education (THE) College Rankings (2018)
- Top 24% Best Global Universities Rankings (2018)
- UD Named 5th among the Top 10 Gold Military Friendly School Award winners
Directions from the North and South: Take I-95 to Delaware Exit #1, Route 896 North. Continue North on Route 896 which becomes South College Avenue (do not turn left at Route 896 and Route 4) and takes you to campus. Turn right from South College Avenue onto East Park Place. Turn left at the next light onto Academy Street. The Career Center will be on your right (401 Academy Street). Enter the Career Center through the white enclosure.
Parking available in the Perkins Parking Garage adjacent to the Career Center: Enter the parking garage at the driveway between the Career Center and the Perkins Student Center.
Special Hotel Rate Available for Employers: The Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware is a Marriott hotel owned by the University of Delaware and run by students from the Department of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management. Special rates also available at Embassy Suites. Employers should ask for the “UD-related rate”. Information about the hotel is at www.udel.edu/hotel.
Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware
400 David Hollowell Drive
Newark DE, 19716
Off campus lodgings are within a five to 15-minute drive of the University of Delaware. The accommodations listed do not represent an endorsement by UD.
Connect with @UDCareers
#UDINTERN • #UDREAMITDOIT
Phone: (302) 831-2392
401 Academy Street • Newark, DE 19716