Global Study Programs Offered
Undergrad and grad majors
Students & Alumni
Career Treks to NYC,
Philly, DC & Wilmington
The University of Delaware Career Center is committed to partnering with you to increase brand awareness on campus and connect your organization with our brilliant Blue Hens.
We can help you:
- Connect with UD departments, units, and student organizations.
- Recruit from a diverse group of talented undergraduate and graduate students.
- Tap into a highly capable network of Blue Hen alumni.
- Advance your brand on campus.
Get started today by contacting the Employer & Alumni Engagement Team.
UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE CAREER CENTER EMPLOYER RECRUITING POLICIES >
PORTRAIT OF A BLUE HEN
ENROLLMENT & CURRICULUM
24,120 students enrolled in seven colleges.
Find more facts & figures about Blue Hen talent here.
• Top 20% of Forbes Americas’ Top Colleges
• Best Colleges for Veterans, U.S. News
• Top 23% Best Engineering, Grad School, U.S. News (2018)
• Top 27% Best Engineering, Undergraduate, U.S. News (2018)
• Top 25% of Public Schools, U.S. News (2018)
• Top 14% in Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education (THE) College Rankings (2018)
• Top 24% Best Global Universities Rankings (2018)
• UD Named 5th among the Top 10 Gold Military Friendly School Award winners
Increase your brand at University of Delaware through targeted events. The Career Center offers a variety of options to engage students throughout colleges, departments, and student organizations. In addition to the traditional information session, choose from an assortment of branding opportunities, such as holding networking events or hosting career building workshops.
- Schedule an information session or information table
- Hold a professional networking event to expose candidates to a variety of careers with your organization
- Partner with student organizations to host a skill-building workshop to help student prepare for a career in your industry
- Partner with us to create a customized event to suit the needs of your organization
- Host your events around the university career fairs and meet-ups to maximize the visibility of your organization
- Pair events with your campus interviews by hosting a Pre-Interview Information Session
- Specify majors and/or target specific populations by college, degree level, and class
Log into to your Handshake employer account and select “Request Event” to get started. The Career Center will coordinate the logistics of room scheduling, food, and advertising to your audience.
Contact – The Events Team for more information or to create your customized event.
HOST A SITE VISIT:
We are always looking for interesting sites to bring a group of students and faculty/staff to visit. During these tours, the host employer typically arranges a tour and opportunities to hear firsthand from current employees, including interns, about their roles. If interested, please contact The Events Team.
Employers interested in obtaining eager students with initiative and creative ideas for full-time, part-time and/or internship opportunities can post open positions on our recruiting platform, Handshake. More than 44,000 UD students and alumni have access to search postings and can apply to your position directly through Handshake.
Nonprofit organizations interested in obtaining individual students or student groups for one-time or regular volunteer projects can also post opportunities in Handshake.
Use Handshake to manage all of your campus recruiting needs - career fair and meetup registrations, requests for on-campus and virtual interview dates, and information sessions/tables.
Employers can also search and download resumes of students who have made their accounts and documents public for recruiters to view.
Posting your job, internship, and/or volunteer listing(s) at UD is free on Handshake.
Get started posting in Handshake*:
To create an employer Handshake account, click the link below:
*University of Delaware departments and offices are encouraged to register with our Handshake database as an employer and post all part-time and on-campus job openings for students.
Questions or concerns contact: The Employer Relations Team - (302) 831-2391, email@example.com
Each year approximately 200 organizations come to the University of Delaware to conduct interviews with our talented students at our facility. The Campus Interview Program uses a pre-screening process to allow employers to select only those candidates who meet their hiring criteria. Interview dates must be set a minimum of 4 weeks in advance. The program can also be utilized to conduct virtual interviews.
All interviews are held during business hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
FALL SEMESTER CAMPUS INTERVIEW DATES:
Monday, August 1, 2019 through Friday, December 4, 2019
WINTER/SPRING SEMESTER CAMPUS INTERVIEW DATES:
Monday, January 7, 2019 through Monday, May 20, 2019
Closed for Spring Break - March 29, 2019 through April 2, 2019
- Log in to HANDSHAKE to post your open positions and request an interview date.
- Upon approval of your job posting and interview date, students will be able to view your position in Handshake.
- Up to 14 days prior to the interview date: Students can submit resumes and other required documents online for consideration by organizations.
- 14-8 days prior to the interview date: Organizations review submitted documents and E-mail selected students to sign up for an interview.
- 7-2 days prior to the interview date: Selected students can sign up online for their interview time.
- 2 days prior to the interview date: Selected alternate students can sign up online for their interview time.
- 1 day prior to interview date: Interview schedules are "frozen." Any changes or cancellations must be made by contacting the Employer Partner and Recruiting Coordinator, Danielle Nantais-Wenzel.
- Interview Date: Students are asked to arrive at the Career Center 10-15 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time to check in and meet any "greeters" your organization has brought with them.
- Please inform the Employer Partner and Recruiting Coordinator Coordinator, Danielle Nantais-Wenzel of any student no shows.
The University of Delaware is committed to assuring equal opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, or disability in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues.
Offered over winter and summer terms, our job shadow program allows students to learn more about various professions, receive career-related advice, and reflect on the ways in which their education can prepare them for life after college. Sign up to host a student for a one or two day job shadowing experience that is convenient for both you and the student.
Offer an internship during UD’s winter/fall/spring semesters or during summer break. The experience will help to expose a student to a career area of interest and will provide you with an eager intern to assist with projects.
By becoming a UD Athlete Internship host, you can connect with the university, see your professional experience in a new light and make a direct and positive impact on the professional development of young student athletes. In addition, your organization can benefit from the additional exposure and the unique values that student-athletes bring to the workforce.
The goal of the program is to create mutually beneficial experiences for the athletes and the UD employers, alumni and parent participants. Thereby, allowing University of Delaware athletes to gain valuable professional experience and stand out among the competition.
Offer a three to five-week internship during UD’s winter term, when over 60% of UD students are available for full or part-time experiences throughout the country. The experience will help to expose a student to a career area of interest and will provide you with an eager intern to assist with projects for the month.
To ensure that an experience - whether it is a traditional internship, conducted remotely, or virtually - is educational and thus eligible to be considered a legitimate internship, the UD Career Center adheres to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Position Statement on Internships.
If your organization does not intend to provide compensation for internships, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Fair Labor Standards Act as it relates to Internship Programs. Academic credit may legitimize an unpaid experience, some employers may require students to enroll in our Experiential Internship course, UNIV 364, to gain credit as part of the internship experience.
"Thank you for your interest in recruiting University of Delaware students. Our Career Center staff is excited to partner with you to achieve your hiring goals. Please see a list of our staff who are happy to help."
NATHAN ELTON, CAREER CENTER DIRECTOR
“We’ve had successful hires from University of Delaware that continue to do well for us. The programs challenge their students and have great candidates that fit our culture”
- Chelsea G., ARCO
Find out how graduates are succeeding
Directions from the North and South: Take I-95 to Delaware Exit #1, Route 896 North. Continue North on Route 896 which becomes South College Avenue (do not turn left at Route 896 and Route 4) and takes you to campus. Turn right from South College Avenue onto East Park Place. Turn left at the next light onto Academy Street. The Career Center will be on your right (401 Academy Street). Enter the Career Center through the white enclosure.
Parking available in the Perkins Parking Garage adjacent to the Career Center: Enter the parking garage at the driveway between the Career Center and the Perkins Student Center.
Special Hotel Rate Available for Employers: The Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware is a Marriott hotel owned by the University of Delaware and run by students from the Department of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management. Special rates also available at Embassy Suites. Employers should ask for the “UD-related rate”. Information about the hotel is at www.udel.edu/hotel.
Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware
400 David Hollowell Drive
Newark DE, 19716
Off campus lodgings are within a five to 15-minute drive of the University of Delaware. The accommodations listed do not represent an endorsement by UD.