The Career Center team is here to partner with you in your career planning process as you engage in thinking about and taking steps towards realizing your career goals.
The Career Center has developed several initiatives to provide you with fun, interactive ways to reach your career destination. Start as early as you can; your first year is ideal!
BLACK LIVES MATTER.
Career Resources and Services:
Learn more about your skills, interests, values and personality to help determine what career fields might be a good fit.
If you have already identified your career goals, then a career counseling appointment can be a great way to identify a path for reaching those goals!
In-person appointments will be available for students starting August 31, 2021!
Watch the following step-by-step video to learn how to make an appointment!
If you have any career-related questions, including topics like resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, and Career Center resources, attend in-person or virtual drop-in hours during the fall and spring semesters.
Starting September 7, 2021, the UD Career Center will be providing this service in two modalities:
Virtual Drop-In Hours: Monday-Friday, 12—3 p.m.
In-Person Drop-In Hours: Monday-Thursday, 12—3 p.m. at 401 Academy Street.
Lerner Undergraduate In-Person Drop-in Hours: please visit us at One South Main, Room 107, Monday through Friday between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. For virtual options: Contact Lerner Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-2221.
Virtual and in-person drop-in hours take place during fall and spring semesters.
PathwayU helps you think about what’s important to you and explore career paths related to your values, interest, personality and workplace preferences. Results and career matches are available immediately (no appointment needed). For more information and to get started, click here.
Receive feedback from the Career Center staff and alumni career mentors:
- Check out our resume and cover letter templates and samples.
- Upload your resume to Handshake for feedback from a peer consultant.
- Schedule an appointment with a career counselor through Handshake.
- Join the UD Career Acceleration Network (UD CAN) where you can ask questions and get advice from alumni.
Receive feedback through Resume Worded:
- Interactive resume scoring and editing: You can tweak your resume directly through the tool.
- Identify hard and soft skills from the job description: The tool tells you what hard and soft skills the job is looking for, as well as what your resume is missing.
- LinkedIn Profile Review: Get personalized feedback on profile.
The Career Center offers a variety of career fairs and meetups throughout the academic year to provide a chance for students to connect with potential employers. Don't miss out on these helpful and exciting events that will build your networking and inform you about opportunities at various organizations!
The Career Center staff, employers and alumni are available to present virtually on a variety of career topics:
- Overview of Career Center services
- Resumes and cover letters
- LinkedIn and networking
- Interview preparation
- Managing an internship or job search
- Managing the graduate school application process
- Industry and job overviews/preparation (presented by employers or UD alumni)
Fill out the presentation request form to begin the process. A Career Center staff member will follow up with you within two business days.
Follow our career channel on YouTube to access the latest video content on:
- Job search
Appointment Instructions: youtube.com/watch?v=xa9gb6nnzio
Employers Recruit on
Workshops & Programs
Job Shadow Program Sessions
Students & Alumni
Career Fairs &
Salary After UD
Career Meetings &
GROW YOUR NETWORK:
Connect with @UDCareers
#UDINTERN • #UDREAMITDOIT
Phone: (302) 831-2392
401 Academy Street • Newark, DE 19716