4+1 BS/MS Programs
The Department of Medical & Molecular Sciences offers 4+1 BS/MS programs that allow students to complete both the Bachelor of Science degree in any undergraduate major administered by the Departments and the MS degree in Medical Sciences in a total of five years of full time study.
Students applying to the 4+1 BS/MS program must apply in their sophomore year of study at the University of Delaware, must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree program administered by the Department of Medical & Molecular Sciences and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2.
- Applied Molecular Biology & Biotechnology / Medical Sciences (BS/MS)
- Medical Laboratory Sciences / Medical Sciences 4+1 (BS/MS)
- Medical Diagnostics / Medical Sciences 4+1 (BS/MS)
- The GRE is not required.
- Written statement of goals and objectives (the personal statement) that clearly explains how admission to the program will facilitate his/her professional objectives.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an MLS faculty member who is familiar with the applicant.
- Submission of a Graduate Course Completion Form as part of the application process.
- Only current UD students can apply to the 4+1 program. The admission application fee will be waived.
- Application deadline is May 15 of the student’s sophomore year.
- Please visit the Office of Graduate & Professional Education‘s website for tuition rates.
Students will complete the following courses in junior and senior years:
- MMSC 603 Research Design (in place of MMSC 375 or STAT 200)
- MMSC 690 Clinical & Molecular Cell Biology (in place of MMSC 490 or MMSC 390)