Admission to the MS/DI program is competitive. Those who meet stated requirements are not guaranteed admission, nor are those who fail to meet all requirements necessarily precluded from admission if they offer other appropriate strengths as determined by the Intern Selection Committee or the Nutrition Graduate Programs Committee. Students will be admitted based on enrollment availability and their ability to meet the following entrance requirements:
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree
- Verification of completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics or an intent to complete form, from an ACEND-accredited undergraduate program
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or above (minimum GPA of 3.0 in DPD coursework)
- Recent relevant work experience beyond that required for undergraduate course requirements (may be either paid or volunteer)
- A Medical Nutrition Therapy course completed no more than four years prior to the application to the University of Delaware Dietetic Internship
- Students accepted into the Dietetic Internship program must adhere to the University’s COVID-19 guidelines related to vaccinations, use of face coverings, and social distancing. Supervised practice facilities’ policies on medical or religious vaccine exemptions may vary from the University’s. Dietetic interns may need to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination; otherwise, they may not be able to complete the program.