dietetic schedule & deadlines
Application for 2021-2022 Dietetic Internship
- January 15, 2021 – “Pre-Select Application” materials due. “Pre-Select Application” available only to UD didactic and graduate students.
- January 30, 2021– Pre-Select Applicants Notification Day
- February 15, 2021
- Deadline for submission of DICAS application 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Deadline for submission of UD Graduate Application.
- Supplemental application materials need to be postmarked by February 15th
- Applicants register online with D&D Digital at www.dndgidtal.com
- April 5, 2021 – Applicant Notification Day – 11:00am CDT (12:00pm EDT)
- *April 6, 2021 – Official Appointment Day. Contact DI director by 11:00am EDT to accept the appointment. Call 302-831-4989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 8, 2021 – Programs with openings announced at 11:00am CDT (12:00pm EDT). Check the Application page for application instructions in case UD has openings.
- May 31, 2021 – Distance Interns only: Deadline for submission of facility information for remainder of internship rotations
*Important: Applicants who receive a computer match DI appointment are responsible for accepting or rejecting the match by telephone or email by 11:00am CDT (12:00pm EDT) on the April 6, 2021 Appointment Day.
Mandatory 2021 Orientation Week: August 22-August 27, 2021
The following are the rotation lengths for each rotation of the internship with a minimum of 38 hours per week. Interns are expected to be present at their rotation sites Monday through Friday with the exception of the online class held on Thursday morning from 9:30-10:45 am Eastern Time.
Orientation – 1 week
Clinical Nutrition – 14 weeks
Food Service Management – 8 weeks
Community Nutrition – 7 weeks
Elective – 3 weeks
Total 33 weeks
All rotations and assignments must be completed satisfactorily before a Verification Statement certifying program completion is issued.
Please see the sample schedule.