Computer Science Education Certificate: Admissions Requirements
The online application process prompts applicants for the following information:
- First name, last name, phone, email.
- Current degree program (if any), expected completion date, current GPA.
- Academic transcripts of degrees earned previously.
- Brief statement explaining why the applicant seeks to earn this certificate and a discussion of previous experience with computer applications.
- Two letters of recommendation. The applicant provides names and email addresses of the recommenders, and recommendation forms are emailed directly to them from the online application. Instructions are instructed as to how to return the completed forms electronically.
- A resume or curriculum vitae that documents the applicant’s prior work experience, publications, honors and awards received, and a summary of educational credentials including documentation of previous experience with computer applications.
A $75 application fee is due upon receipt of the online application.
Prior Degree Requirements
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any academic field from an accredited college or university. Typically, our applicants have an undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or higher.
An unofficial transcript is required with your application. You should visit the registrar’s page of your home institution (post-high school institutions only) to download or print an unofficial copy to create your scan. If your home institution does not provide this service, ask for a student copy to create your scan. Do not mail official transcripts during the applicant stage.
Please visit http://grad.udel.edu/apply/transcripts/ for more detailed information.
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis all throughout the year. Students may start in any academic term. Application deadlines are listed as follows:
- Fall: August 15
- Winter: December 10
- Spring: January 23
- Summer: May 27
English Language Requirements
Courses in the graduate certificate in Computer Science Education are taught in the English language, and participants must be proficient in English. In order to qualify for graduate study at the University of Delaware, applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency by attaining a minimum TOEFL score of 100 (iBT), 600 (paper-based test) or 250 (computer-based test), or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0.
Admission to the graduate program is competitive. Those who meet stated requirements are not guaranteed admission, nor are those who fail to meet all of those requirements necessarily precluded from admission if they offer other appropriate strengths.
The 2021-2022 UD graduate student tuition rate per credit hour is $750.