The Spark! Symposium is an interactive series of brief talks to celebrate the discoveries made by graduate students and postdocs and enable the community to learn about the ongoing research at UD. The event is free and open to the public, and families are encouraged to attend.
Spring 2022 Topic:
Beyond the Tipping Point: Challenges at the Interface of the Environment and Humanity
April 5, 4-6 p.m.
Vita Nova Restaurant, 17 W. Main Street, Newark, DE
The Presentations Include:
- Bradie S. Crandall, College of Engineering, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering,
Electrifying Our Way Out of Climate Change: The Technology, Economics, and Policy
- Conner McCrone, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Plant and Soil Sciences,
When Sea Level Rises: The Lost City of Delaware
- Ashley Paintsil, College of Arts and Sciences, Communication,
Increasing Black Women's Suncare Efficacy
- Anner Paldor, PhD, College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment, Geological Sciences,
Coastal Impact of Storm Surges Expected to Exacerbate due to Climate Change
- Sarah Wells, College of Health Sciences, Epidemiology,
Domestic Violence and Covid-19: How did Social Distancing Impact Victim Services?
Space is limited and advance registration is required. Please RSVP by March 30.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.