Director of the Carvel Research and Education Center
Carvel Research and Education Center
16483 County Seat Highway
Georgetown, DE 19947
- Ph.D. – Plant Physiology in Weed Science – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- M.S. – Agronomy/Weed Science; Experimental Statistics Minor – Clemson University
- B.S. – Agronomy; Business Minor – Clemson University
Areas of responsibility
- Oversee and direct agronomic and vegetable research and extension projects conducted at the Center and off-farm locations.
- Responsible for the facility budget and fiscal matters, infrastructure maintenance and securing extramural funds for facility operations.
- Conduct applied research in the area of agronomic crops, weed control and assist clientele in troubleshooting weed control and basic agronomic problems.
- Assist in coordination and participate in numerous workshops/field days targeted at educating ag. industry and producers on improving crop production.
- Informally assist with recruitment of students from Southern Delaware to attend UD and particularly the College, and teach undergraduate courses in Weed Science (Principles & Application), and in Delaware Agriculture (Understand Delaware Agriculture).