You must arrange to come to the Office of Graduate and Professional Education on or before the submission deadline to submit the required documents for your master's thesis, dissertation or executive position paper. Please send email to email@example.com to request an appointment.
When you come to your appointment bring along with you three originals of the following documents printed on 25% cotton bond paper:
1) Title page (3 originals);
2) For Doctoral students, first approval page with original signatures of the Chair and Dean of the College (you do not need to obtain the signature of the Vice Provost who will sign the document at the request of the Office of Graduate and Professional Education upon the final approval of the document and release to UMI) (3 originals);
3) For Doctoral students, second approval page with original signatures of the Professor(s) in charge of the dissertation and the other members of the Committee (3 originals);
4) For Master's students, approval page with original signatures of the Professor(s) in charge of the thesis, Chair of the department/program, Dean of the College (you do not need to obtain the signature of the Vice Provost who will sign the document at the request of the Office of Graduate and Professional Education upon the final approval of the document and release to University of Delaware Institutional Repository-D-Space.) (3 originals);
5) Abstract (3 originals) This abstract (3 originals on bond paper) is not limited in length and should correspond to the abstract included in your PDF document. However, when you register at the UMI web site (see step No. 1 under "What will the student do?" below) you will need to type in/paste an abstract that is limited to 350 words;
6) Forms needed (only one original needed):
What will the Office of Graduate and Professional Education do?
Upon acceptance/approval of the documents listed above, the Office of Graduate and Professional Education will:
1) Provide the student with the link to the UMI login page for dissertations and the UDel Institutional Repository for thesis;
2) Determine the deadline for the student to submit the document in a PDF format.
What will the student do?
1) After logging on to the UMI site, the student enters biographic and bibliographic data (including an Abstract limited to 350 words) and completes an on-line agreement for publication of the document.
2) The degree candidate will upload the document as an Adobe PDF file.
3) The Office of Graduate and Professional Education reviews the document for compliance with graduate school policy and format and will either accept the document as complete or request revisions. If revisions are needed, they will be requested by e-mail and the degree candidate will be able to resubmit the revised document electronically.
4) The degree candidate will receive an e-mail notification when the Office of Graduate and Professional Education has released the document (expected release not to occur until official degree is conferred) and all relevant data to UMI and to the UD Library*.
*The UD Library provides electronic access through UMI to all University of Delaware dissertations from 1997 to the present. The electronic access is full text (every word and chart) and is available at no charge to any member of the University Community. The Library catalogs dissertations and theses in DELCAT and will continue that practice for dissertations and theses submitted electronically.