Kyoko Nagao, PhD
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Center for Pediatric Auditory and Speech Sciences
Nemours Biomedical Research
1701 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803
- Auditory neurophysiology in children
- Speech and voice characteristics throughout the life course
- Cross language study of speech perception of indexical properties (age, sex, language, etc.)
- Speech and voice stereotypes
- Second language production and perception of speech
- Intergenerational and cross-language variation in speech
Honors, Awards, Major Offices Held
- 2017 Nemours Summer Research Scholar Program (as mentor)
- 2016 First Place Scientific Poster award, Society for Ear Nose and Throat Advances in Children (SENTAC), 2016 annual meeting
- 2016 NIH COBRE Pilot Grant (4/8/2016-4/7/2017)
- 2014 SENTAC Travel Grant
- 2014-Present Nemours Research Education Committee 2014-2015 Nemours Research Associate Satisfaction Committee
- 2013-Present Vice-Chair, Philadelphia Chapter of the Acoustical Society of America
- 2013 Nemours Summer Research Scholar Program (as mentor)
- 2010-Present Women in Acoustics Committee, Acoustical Society of America
- 2010 Merit Award at the Conference on Women & Children’s Health Research
- DeVore, B., Nagao, K., Pereira, O., Deeves, E., Welsh, K., Kish, E., Sklar, R., Nemith, J., Morlet, T. (Accepted). Speech errors among children with auditory processing disorder. Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics, 29.
- Padilla, J., Morlet, T., Nagao, K., Crum, R., Greenwood, L. A., Loson, J., & Zavala, S. (2016). Speech perception capabilities in children a few years after initial diagnosis of auditory processing disorders. Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics, 25(1), 060002. doi: doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1121/2.0000169
- Nagao, K. (2014). ASA Inspired Future Acoustic Scientists and Engineers in DC. Acoustics Today 10(2), p. 63.
- Zwissler, K., Nagao, K., Greenwood, L.A., Gaffney, R.G., Cardinale, R. M., Morlet, T. (2014). Ear effect and gender difference of spontaneous otoacoustic emissions in children with Auditory Processing Disorder. Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics, 21(1), 050004. doi: 10.1121/1.4891623
- Nagao, K. (2011). Speech Perception of Age. Phonological Studies, 14, 109-118.
- Yarrington, D., Gray, J., Pennington, C., Bunnell, H. T., Cornaglia, A., Lilley, J., Nagao, K., & Polikoff, J. B. (2008). ModelTalker Voice Recorder – An Interface System for Recorded a Corpus of Speech for Synthesis. Proceedings of the ACL-08: HLT Demo Session, pp. 28-31.