- Ph.D., Cognitive Neuroscience, Purdue University, 2017
- M.P.A., Public Administration, University of Rhode Island 2009
- M.L.I.S., Library and Information Studies, University of Rhode Island, 2009
- B.A., International Relations, Boston University, 2004
- Quantification of speech motor performance and fluency
- Neurophysiology of speech production, including the role of language, emotion, and cognition
- Motor speech and fluency disorders (stuttering and cluttering)
- Oromotor development of speech and chewing
- Usler, E., Foti, D., & Weber, C. (2020). Emotional reactivity and regulation in 5- to 8-year-old children: An ERP study of own-age face processing. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 156, 60-68.
- Usler, E., Wei, X., Simione, M., Richburg, B., Stipancic, K., & Green, J. (2020). Modulation of intermuscular beta coherence in different rhythmic mandibular behaviors. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 14, 302.
- Walsh, B. & Usler, E. (2019). Physiological correlates of fluent and stuttered speech production in preschool children who stutter. Journal of Speech, Language, & Hearing Research, 62(12), 4309-4323.
- Haebig, E.; Leonard, L.; Karpicke, J.; Christ, S.; Usler, E.; Kueser, J.; Souto, S.; Krok, W.; & Weber, C. M. (2019). Retrieval-based word learning in young typically developing children and children with Development Language Disorder II: A comparison of retrieval schedules. Journal of Speech, Language, & Hearing Research, 62(4), 944.
- Usler, E. & Walsh, B. (2018). The effects of syntactic complexity and sentence length on the speech motor control of school-aged children who stutter. Journal of Speech, Language, & Hearing Research, 61(9), 2157.
- Walsh, B., Usler, E. Weber, C., Brown, B., Bostian, A., Gerwin, K., Mohan, R., & Smith, A., (2018). How can we predict the probability of persistence of early childhood stuttering? Seminars in Speech and Language, 39(4), 299-312.
- Haebig, E., Leonard, L., Deevy, P., Usler, E., & Weber, C. (2018). Neural correlates of word processing in preschoolers with specific language impairment. Journal of Speech, Language, & Hearing Research, 61(3), 729.