#UDel Social Media
The University of Delaware uses and encourages official use of the following social media networks: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, WordPress and Tumblr. The resources below are provided to guide campus partners in planning, implementing and evaluating social media efforts.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Avett Brothers Instagram contest
You must be a current student at the University of Delaware in the 2018-2019 academic year. Age restrictions apply based on social media platform requirements. Entries must be posted as a comment on Instagram by Monday, August 19 after the initial contest post. Contest winners will be notified after 24 hours via social media. Winners will be selected at random from following requirements listed in the post. Only one entry will be allowed per person. After initial contact, the selected winner has 24 hours to respond to the University of Delaware over Instagram before UD moves on to a runner-up choice, also selected at random.
Official Rules for Survey Sweepstakes and Contests
The University of Delaware’s Information Technologies and Office of Communications and Marketing (UD IT/OCM) may occasionally conduct sweepstakes, contests and/or other giveaways or promotions (referred to as “Sweepstakes” through email and on social media networks including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn.com, and Google+). Unless specifically noted otherwise by UD IT/OCM, these terms and conditions (the “Rules”) shall serve as the official rules for any such Sweepstake conducted by UD IT/OCM. UD IT/OCM may terminate, extend, suspend or alter any sweepstake in its sole discretion.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes are open only to those who are currently enrolled as students at the University of Delaware as of the date of entry. Sweepstakes are only open to legal residents of the United States, and are void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully
unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the
eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of UD IT/OCM and/or
the University of Delaware as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Sweepstake.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on dates and times specified on UD IT/OCM Sweepstake-oriented web pages, social posts, signage, letter, emails, and other communication vehicles and/or in verbal instructions and other formal statements made by UD IT/OCM representatives at UD IT/OCM-oriented events. To be eligible, all entries for a Sweepstake must be received in the formats and by the dates and times indicated in written or verbal instructions.
4. How to Enter: Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry to the approved platform(s) according to the instructions established for each Sweepstake. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstake requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Rules or the specifications applicable to the Sweepstake may be disqualified at the sole discretion of UD IT/OCM. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules or the specifications of the applicable Sweepstake, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of UD IT/OCM.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstake(s) (the “Winners”) will receive the prizes listed in the Sweepstake instructions. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by UD IT/OCM, and UD IT/OCM reserves the right to substitute prizes. No cash or other prize substitutions shall be permitted except at UD IT/OCM’s discretion. The prizes are nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winners.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected randomly, by criteria-based
judging, or by other means listed in the Sweepstake instruction. Winner selection will take place under the supervision of UD IT/OCM. For on-site, real-time events/sweepstakes, winner(s) will be notified via verbal announcement. For other sweepstakes, winner(s) will be notified by social media comment/reply and/or social media private message and/or email and/or telephone within a reasonable time following selection of Winner. UD IT/OCM shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize during the on-site, real-time event or, for other sweepstakes, within seven (7) calendar days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt by Winner of the prizes offered in Sweepstakes is conditioned upon Winner’s compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT UD IT/OCM’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE PROMOTION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By submitting content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.) as part of a Sweepstake, You understand and hereby grant to UD IT/OCM, anyone acting on behalf of UD IT/OCM, and UD IT/OCM’s licensees, successors, and assigns, the worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free and fully paid right and license to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, images, social media posts related to the Sweepstake, hashtags, social media usernames/handles, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering a Sweepstake, You represent and warrant that your entry (including all elements thereof) is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of UD IT/OCM. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UD IT/OCM from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which UD IT/OCM may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: UD IT/OCM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond UD IT/OCM’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, UD IT/OCM may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by UD IT/OCM. UD IT/OCM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstake or website or violates these Rules. UD IT/OCM has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstake, to void votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstake may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, UD IT/OCM reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless UD IT/OCM, University of Delaware, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstake; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstake or the processing of entries. 11. Disputes: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF DELAWARE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstake, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstake, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Delaware having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Sweepstake). You further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstake is UD IT/OCM, 105 East Main Street, Newark, DE 19716, USA.