Current Employees

Whether you’ve been part of the UD team for a day, a year or a decade (or more!), we know you’ll have questions about benefits, policies, and other HR-related topics along the way.


Be sure to explore the website to make full use of your benefits and learning opportunities, where to turn if you have an HR-related question, and how to engage with the university community. 


You also can use the links below to reach some commonly sought information.

Liberty Mutual Payroll Deductions

Effective June 1, 2024, participants in Liberty Mutual Insurance policies will no longer be able to pay insurance premiums through payroll deductions. To make new payment arrangements, please contact the Liberty Mutual Customer Response Center at 1-888-398-8924.

Important Information


Applications accepted for DTCC Tuition Waiver Exchange Program

Lottery date is Monday, Aug. 5

The University of Delaware's Human Resources division is accepting applications for the 2024-2025 Tuition Waiver Exchange Program lottery with Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC).
This exchange program waives the fall and spring tuition for one dependent that is enrolled on a full-time basis (a minimum of 12 credit hours) in a degree-granting program at DTCC. The deadline for submission for a DTCC Lottery Application is Friday, Aug. 2. Current scholarship recipients need not participate in the lottery, if continuing.
The application form and other information can be found on the HR Benefits webpage: DTCC Waiver Exchange Lottery Application. Contact Human Resources by e-mail or by phone at 302-831-2171 with any questions.

Flexible work arrangements allow employees to balance work and personal responsibilities. Learn more about flexible work arrangements and complete a Telework Agreement.  

You can change your benefits elections during our annual open enrollment period, but certain life events—marriage, divorce or the addition of a child, for example—enable you to make changes to your benefits without waiting. Learn how to update your elections following a life event.

Enrollment when there are life events

Qualifying Life Events: Employees are permitted to change coverage elections outside of annual open enrollment if they experience a change in family status, as defined by federal law.

Qualifying Life Events

Employees are permitted to change coverage elections outside of annual open enrollment if they experience a change in family status, as defined by federal law. A change of status happens when:

  • You marry or divorce;

  • You have or adopt a child;

  • Your spouse becomes employed, loses his or her job (full-time employment) or involuntarily loses medical coverage;

  • Your spouse or your dependent child dies;

  • Your dependents become ineligible for coverage;

  • You or your spouse have a change in job status from full-time to part-time or vice versa;

  • You or your spouse take an unpaid leave of absence;

  • You or your spouse have a significant change in health coverage due to a change in your spouse's employment.

Note: Health insurance carrier changes in your spouse's plan from another employer are not considered family status changes.


You have up to 30 days from the date of the event to add/remove a spouse and/or dependent. Benefits will be retroactive to the date of birth, adoption, marriage, or date of loss of other coverage.


You will be required to pay the employee portion of the premium for the entire month that includes the event date.


Coverage under the health, dental, and vision plans terminates at midnight on the last day of the month of separation from employment. Should an employee separate from the University, he or she may continue membership by paying premiums directly to the Insurance Carrier (under COBRA regulations) or by transferring coverage to another employer.

Adding a spouse

Adding a dependent child

  • Family Status and Benefits Change Form
  • Birth notification with footprints (until the birth certificate is obtained)
  • Copy of Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Social Security card (upon receipt)
  • Adoption order (if applicable)
  • Verification of loss of other coverage (if applicable). Verification must include: date for last day of coverage for each medical, dental, vision plan, and include the dependent’s name.

Removing a dependent child

  • Family Status and Benefits Change Form
    • Verification of other coverage. Verification must include: coverage start date for each medical, dental,vision plan, and include the dependent’s name.

Children may stay on medical, dental and vision coverage up to age 26 with no restriction on marital, employment, student, resident, or tax status. Children are covered through the end of the month in which they turn 26. Employees do not need to submit a family status change form for the purpose of aging off, as coverage will be automatically terminated.


Removing a Spouse

  • Family Status and Benefits Change Form
  • Supporting documents verifying change for:
    • Divorce - copy of divorce decree
    • Death - copy of death certificate
    • New employment - letter from employer indicating start date of coverage for each medical, dental, vision (dependent names must also be listed, if applicable).

Please submit all documents to


The are always other changes to consider, like updating your name or address, tax with holdings, beneficiaries and more. Learn how to update these items.   

Other changes to consider

Name change

  • Name Change Form 
  • Submit a copy of your social security card showing your new name. Please write your previous/maiden name, along with your employee ID number, on the copy of the card. Submit documents to

Address change

  • Log in to Web Forms through the Central Authentication Service (CAS).
  • Complete the HR Employee Demographic Data web form. Once the information is updated in the University's human resource information system, it will be electronically transmitted to your health, prescription drug, dental and vision benefit providers.
  • To update your information with the retirement investment companies, please call TIAA 800-842-2776 or for Legacy Accounts Fidelity Investments 800-343-0860.

Change tax withholdings

If you wish to change the amount that is withheld from your pay, please log in to Web Forms through the Central Authentication Service (CAS) to complete a PAY W4 Form.

Update beneficiaries

Different beneficiary designation forms are required for your UD life insurance, University of Delaware 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Voluntary 457(b) and Delaware Employees' Pension Plan. Please review the following information to update your beneficiaries.

Life insurance

You may want to consider purchasing Group Life Insurance or Dependent Group Life Insurance for your spouse and child or changing the amount of life insurance you currently purchase for yourself.



HR assists individuals, teams and units in achieving goals through various approaches including instructor-led sessions, facilitated discussions, customized workshops, strategy planning, culture assessments and change initiatives. Learn more

Employee and Labor Relations (ELR) is a resource for university standards, practices and operations. This platform can be used freely by employees to communicate workplace questions or concerns. Explore our webpage and learn about University Policies.

If you’re not already saving through a retirement plan and would like to start or if you’d like to change your elections, head to the retirement page.