Employee and Labor Relations
Employee and Labor Relations (ELR) promotes a positive work environment for University employees by fostering a respectful and inclusive culture and maintaining relationships founded on trust, cooperation and shared goals.
- Building relationships with employee representatives including union leadership.
- Collaborating with UD Leadership and HR Business Partners to resolve employment situations.
- Serving as a University representative in union contract negotiations.
- Ensuring compliance with collective bargaining agreements and employment policies.
- Training managers on best practices and other ELR matters.
- Consulting with managers and employees to address workplace climate concerns and build productive managorial relationships.
- Provide guidance on performance management and corrective actions.
- Manage the employee grievance process.
The University negotiates contracts with the following bargaining units.
- AFSCME 3472
- AFSCME 439
- Delaware Department of Labor Law Poster
- DDEA - Pregnancy Discrimination in Employment
- Delaware Sexual Harassment Notice
- EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity) Poster (Other languages displayed on EEOC website)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Minimum Wage Poster
- FMLA Poster
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- State of Delaware Unemployment Insurance Guide
- Statement of Support: Guard and Reserve
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
COMPSYCH® GUIDANCERESOURCES® is the administrator for UD’s Employee Assistance Program. This program is available exclusively for UD employees and their dependents. The program offers resources to consult whenever and wherever you need them. Members will have a toll-free number at 877-527-4742 directly for 24/7 access to a GuidanceConsultant®. You also have access to the website at www.guidanceresources.com (Web ID: State of Delaware), mobile app to consult articles, podcasts, videos, webinars and other helpful tools.
In addition to the EAP services provided by CompPsych, UD has retained the services of Rev. Cecily Sawyer Harmon, LCSW to support with onsite best-in-class resources to assist in navigating stress, anxiety and depression. They are designed to help address the challenges that life, work and relationships can bring including but not limited to conflict resolutions methodologies, couples and grief counseling, substance abuse and depression.
Rev. Cecily Sawyer Harmon, LCSW offers counseling services at the STAR Campus located within the Nurse Managed Primary Care Center, 540 S. College Avenue. Individuals can come on their own accord or be referred by their Chair, Dean or Department Manager. Rev. Sawyer Harmon can be reach at 302.530.3493 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.