Health & Life Insurance
UD offers the following benefits to protect you and your family's health and wellbeing.
- Medical and Prescription Drugs
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits - Securian Financial (Aflac will no longer be offered after July 1, 2020)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Plan Booklets
- Livongo Diabetes Monitoring Program
- SurgeryPlus Surgical Planning Program
- International Medical Insurance and Travel Risk Provider
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits (i.e. health, dental, vision and Health Care FSA) provided through the University. These benefits can only be continued for limited periods of time under certain circumstances, such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce and other life events. COBRA requires that continuation coverage extend from the date of the qualifying event for a limited period of time of 18 months (for employee), 36 months (for dependent) or 29 months (if a qualified beneficiary is disabled).
Qualified individuals are required to pay the entire premium for coverage, up to 102 percent of the cost of the plan. If you are leaving the University or you or a covered dependent will be losing benefits for some reason, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your situation.