SECONDARY FACULTY APPOINTMENT — RENEWAL APPLICATION
February 1 – March 1
Secondary Appointment Renewal Form
Applications for renewal must be submitted no later than March 1 regardless of when the original request for secondary appointment was approved. If a renewal request is not submitted, the secondary appointment ends on June 30.
Term of Appointment:
Renewal appointments are effective July 1 through June 30 and must be renewed annually.
Requirements for Eligibility:
The requirements for renewal are the same as the initial application:
- Applicant must have worked as a full-time permanent employee of the University of Delaware in the Department of Physical Therapy for at least two years. Notes: (1) Current residents may not apply; (2) The two-year requirement may be waived for new hires who had a primary faculty appointment for two years at another academic institution.
- Applicant must have received a minimum of “meets expectations” for the overall rating on the prior year’s performance appraisal.
- In addition, applicant must meet at least one of the following criteria:
Rights and Privileges of Secondary Appointments:
- Invitation to applicable departmental meetings including, but not limited to, the annual departmental meeting
- Opportunity to provide input on DPT curriculum
- Opportunity to provide input on departmental decisions commensurate with role
Responsibilities of Secondary Appointments:
- Submit an annual review document as requested
- Attend the annual departmental meeting as requested
- Provide feedback and input to meeting representatives as requested
- Participate in departmental service