Rebecca Hunting Pompon
- Ph.D., Speech & Hearing Sciences, University of Washington, 2013
- B.S., Speech & Hearing Sciences, University of Washington, 2007
- M.A., Education Counseling, Seattle University, 1997
- B.A., Education Human Services, Western Washington University, 1993
- Post-stroke aphasia and its rehabilitation
- Psychosocial and other extralinguistic factors influencing aphasia recovery and rehabilitation
- Measurement of chronic stress, depression, and anxiety in people with acquired communication disorders
- Working memory and attention in aphasia
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- VA Career Development Award (IK1 RX001934) for research project “Modification and Validation of a Measure of Chronic Stress for People with Aphasia,” VA Rehabilitation Research & Development, Jan 2016 – Jan 2018.
- NIH Predoctoral Training Award (F31 DC012457) for dissertation research project “Examining Inhibition During Spoken Word Production in Aphasia,” National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), June 2012 – June 2013.
- Hunting Pompon, R., Smith, A.N., Baylor, C., and Kendall, D. (2019). Exploring associations between a biological marker of chronic stress and reported depression and anxiety in people with aphasia. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 62(11), 4119-4130. https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_JSLHR-L-19-0111.
- Minkina, I., Bislick, L., Hunting Pompon, R., Lai, V., Madden, E., Torrance, J., Zimmerman, R.M., and Kendall, D. (2019). A detailed investigation into the influence of phonomotor treatment on confrontation naming errors in people with aphasia. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 62(11), 4080-4104. https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_JSLHR-L-19-0014.
- Mach, H., Baylor, C.B., *Hunting Pompon, R., and Yorkston, K. (2019). Third-party disability in family members of people with communication disorders associated with Parkinson’s disease. Topics in Language Disorders, 39(1), 71-88. doi: 10.1097/TLD.0000000000000172
- Silkes, J.P., Fergadiotis, G., Horton, J., Hunting Pompon, R., Torrence, J., and Kendall, D. (2019). Effects of phonomotor treatment on discourse production. Aphasiology, 33(2), 125- 139. https://doi.org/10.1080/02687038.2018.1512080
- Hunting Pompon, R., Amtmann, D., Bombardier, C., and Kendall, D (2018). Modification and validation of a measure of chronic stress for people with aphasia. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 61, 2934-2949. https://doi.org/10.1044/2018_JSLHR-L-18- 0173.
- Eadie, T.E., Faust, L.G., Bolt, S.E., Kapsner-Smith, M.R., Hunting Pompon, R., Baylor, C.R., Futran, N., Mendez, E. (2018). The role of psychosocial factors on communicative participation among survivors of head and neck cancer. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 159(2), 266-273. https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599818765718.
- Hunting Pompon, R., Bislick, L., Elliott, K., Madden, E., Minkina, I., Oelke, M., and Kendall, D. (2017). Influence of linguistic and non-linguistic variables on generalization and maintenance following phonomotor treatment for aphasia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 26(4), 1092-1104. https://doi.org/10.1044/2017_AJSLP-16-0175.