Evelyn R. Hayes Innovations in Healthcare Virtual Symposium
April 06, 2021
The silver linings of COVID-19 in education, practice and research
The 2021 Evelyn R. Hayes Innovations in Healthcare Symposium will be held virtually via Zoom on Tuesday, April 13, and focus on the slver linings of COVID-19 in education, practice and research, within the University of Delaware College of Health Sciences and beyond.
Morning Session: 10 a.m. to Noon
— Welcome and address from Kathleen S. Matt, dean of the College of Health Sciences, who will discuss how UD CHS has responded to COVID as an academic health center.
— Keynote address by Dr. David Willis, senior fellow at the Center for the Study of Social Policy, whose talk is entitled, “Building Back Better: Connecting the Medical Home and Community to advance the wellbeing of our next generation of children."
— Panel discussion and question-and-answer session to follow featuring:
- Mary Dozier, Unidel Amy duPont Chair Child Development at University of Delaware
- Dr. Rick Hong, medical director, State of Delaware
- Dr. Jan Lee, CEO of the Delaware Health Information Network
- Dr. David Willis, senior fellow, Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Sarah Bianchi, former head of economic and domestic policy for then-Vice President Joe Biden and senior managing director at Evercore ISI
Afternoon Session: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
— Guided meditation lead by Mike Mackenzie and Alyssa Whittaker
— Panel discussion on how COVID-19 has advanced education, practice and research at UD and through the community, moderated by Rita Landgraf, director of the UD Partnership for Healthy Communities featuring:
- Carolyn Haines, director of UD Nurse Managed Primary Care Center
- Heiddy DiGregorio, director of simulation
- Allan Carlsen, assistant professor and director of UD's Healthcare Theatre
- Jen Horney, professor and founding director of UD's epidemiology program
- Martha Hall, professor and director of UD's Innovation Health Design Lab
— Questions and answer session to follow.
For further information, please visit: https://www.udel.edu/007974