Call for Proposals: Grand Challenges Interdisciplinary Grants
October 31, 2018
Enhancing UD’s profile as a graduate institution through interdisciplinary curriculum innovation
The University of Delaware Office of Graduate and Professional Education (OGPE) invites proposals for grants focused on:
• Interdisciplinary program development/seminars.
• Public communications training boot camps.
• Train-the-Trainer style programming.
The program’s overall goal is to enhance UD’s profile as a graduate institution, by supporting interdisciplinary curriculum innovation. Addressing the world’s grand challenges will require professionals who can conceptualize and carry out collaborative research, and communicate in ways that transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries and reach expanded audiences. To this end:
• Up to $40,000 will be awarded for Working Groups on interdisciplinary graduate program/curriculum development related to contemporary, high impact research challenges.
• Up to $40,000 will be awarded for Public Communications training of doctoral students, ensuring that they learn to communicate effectively with people outside their area of research specialization.
• Up to $40,000 will be awarded for Train-the-Trainer workshops designed to offer instruction to those responsible for training/teaching or instruction of others. This may include basic pedagogical concepts, learning theories, teaching strategies, and/or discipline and audience specific training for instructors, preceptors, mentors, coaches or tutors etc.
The submission deadline is Nov. 16, 2018. Awards will be announced Dec. 7, 2018. Interested parties may address questions to Doug Doren, Interim Vice Provost for Graduate and Professional Education, or Buz Swanik, Faculty Fellow in OGPE. Funding for this initiative was provided by the Unidel Foundation, Inc.
For further information, please visit: https://grad.udel.edu/grand-challenges-grants/