Free diabetes self-management workshop
September 20, 2018
Program begins Oct. 3 at UD STAR Campus
A free, six-session workshop designed to help people manage their own diabetes will begin Oct. 3 at the University of Delaware’s Science, Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Health Sciences Complex.
The workshop is presented by the Delaware Diabetes Self-Management Program. Meetings will be held each Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Suite 113, located off the atrium in the Health Sciences Complex. The workshop dates are: 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31 and 11/07.
The workshops will help participants:
- Prevent and/or delay health complications
- Improve their hemoglobin A1C (average blood sugar reading)
- Make better food choices and lose weight
- Better control their glucose levels through exercise and stress management
- Improve their ability to communicate with their health care providers
To register by phone, contact Tiffany Pearson at (302) 990-0522.
To register online or for more infromation, visit www.healthydelaware.org/selfmanagement.