Here and Now, July 27, 2015
Jeremy Firestone of UD's School of Marine Science and Policy spoke about why wind power is on course to become one of the country's largest sources of energy, and where the U.S. stands compared with other countries.'It's like going to Pluto and seeing McDonald's'
Science, July 23, 2015
Jennifer Biddle, assistant professor at UD, was quoted in an article about the surprisingly ordinary microorganisms found deep beneath the ocean floor. She said, "You'd expect microbes from this exotic environment to be unusual, and the discovery that they are similar to familiar microorganisms is 'disconcerting.' It's like going to Pluto and seeing McDonald's."Wilmington, the city with too many charter schools
WHYY, July 22, 2015
A story about the heavy concentration of charter schools in the city of Wilmington quotes Dan Rich, University Professor of Public Policy.
- University's online parking permit system available for 2015-16 registration
- University Library hosts exhibit 'Remembering Napoleon Bonaparte'
- Young coastal scientists and engineers share research with peers
- Faculty Commons hosts semester prep for University teachers Aug. 18-27
- Expedition to drill through floating Greenland glacier, transmit first ocean data from underneath