Keep Commencement lines moving
Photo by Evan Krape May 27, 2022
Going to Commencement? Here's what you need to know
Those attending the University of Delaware Commencement on Saturday, May 28, should expect the possibility of heavy delays through ticketing and security checks. In order to keep the lines moving, it is imperative that each guest has their ticket downloaded and ready. All guests must have their own ticket to enter.
Please transfer your guest tickets in advance. We highly recommend transferring tickets rather than screenshotting. Screenshots of tickets often do not work.
- Login to your ticket account.
- Select your designated ceremony by selecting the blue ticket and transfer via SMS delivery. Transfer recipients will receive a text message that links to accepting their tickets.
Failure to transfer tickets before you arrive at Delaware Stadium will delay and can even prevent your entrance into the stadium.
The presence of prohibited items will slow security lines. You and your guests can help speed the process by ensuring you are not carrying bags or any of the other prohibited items. A full list can be found at the end of this email.
Arrive by 7
In order to guarantee admittance, plan to arrive no later than 7 a.m. to be inside Delaware Stadium by the final access time of 8 a.m. Gates open at 6 a.m.
Traffic on I-95 is expected to be very heavy. Those coming to Newark for the festivities should factor in additional travel time or consider alternative routes.
No shuttles will be running from central campus. Please drive or use a rideshare, such as Lyft.
When arriving, expect to be directed to the closest parking spot. Shuttles will transport guests from far parking lots, and golf carts will be available for those who need assistance.
For more additional information about commencement, please visit our website.
The following items are prohibited:
- Bags (clear or otherwise)
- Includes backpacks, purses, coolers and camera bags
- Liquids of any type
- Empty bottles
- Flowers or flower leis
- Signs or banners of any size
- Pets (except service animals)
- Noisemaking devices (e.g., compressed air horns)
- Mace or similar substances
- Glitter or confetti
- Beach balls
- “Selfie sticks” or poles
- Pocket knives/multi-tools
- Laser pointers
- Can openers
- Weapons of any type
- Any items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate by security staff
Guests are permitted to bring cameras; however, graduates are not. Cell phones are permitted for both groups.
The following items are permitted:
- Video recorders
- Uncased binoculars
- Seat cushions
- Cell phones and tablets
- Cell phones
- Photo ID
- Cap and gown
- Caps and gowns are mandatory. Plan to arrive wearing your regalia.
Concessions and free water will be available inside the stadium.