Summer Farmers Market
June 18, 2019
UD Farmers Market to run Thursdays throughout summer
Celebrating its ninth season, the University of Delaware’s summer Farmers Market, presented by Dining Services, will be held on the front patio of Perkins Student Center from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m., beginning this Thursday, June 20.
The market offers fresh produce and baked goods for sale, along with a weekly, unique, summer recipe prepared on-site by one of Dining Services’ chefs.
Through Green Thread, Dining Services’ environmental platform, a special emphasis is placed on responsible sourcing. Whenever possible, Dining Services purchases local, seasonal and responsibly sourced products. Depending on the growing season and availability, the market brings a variety of fresh ingredients from local farms to campus.
This June, market visitors may find items from these locations and many others:
- Cutone Mushrooms in Avondale, Pennsylvania;
- Dan Graiff Farms in Newfield, New Jersey;
- Flaim Farms in Vineland, New Jersey;
- Greater Tater in Wayland, New York;
- Johnson Farms in Orefield, Pennsylvania;
- Koppert Cress Farms in Cutchogue, New York;
- Leone Farms in Clarksboro, New Jersey;
- Mento Farms in Hammonton, New Jersey;
- Mushroom Delight in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania;
- Pontano Farms in Vineland, New Jersey;
- Petrongolo Plantation in Hammonton, New Jersey;
- Sonny Boy Produce in Landisville, New Jersey; and
- The Sproutman in Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania.
In case of inclement weather, an announcement will be posted on Dining Services’ social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@DiningUD).
Acceptable payment methods include points, Flex and cash.