Late opening Tuesday at UD
February 11, 2019
UD's Newark campus to open at 11 a.m., Feb. 12
The University of Delaware's Newark campus and other UD locations in New Castle County will be closed from 5-11 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 12, due to inclement weather conditions. Essential personnel should report to work.
Classes scheduled before 11 a.m. will not meet, and campus offices will open at 11 a.m.
UD Facilities staff continue to work clearing campus parking lots and treating sidewalks during the morning.
Members of the campus community are reminded to use caution when traveling.
For students enrolled in the University of Delaware Associate in Arts Program (AAP) in Wilmington, the program be will closed if either the UD Newark campus closes or the Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC) campus in Wilmington closes. AAP students on the Dover and Georgetown campuses should follow the DTCC notices for their campuses regarding closings and late openings.
Information about any schedule changes will be posted on this page. Please check back for updates. To submit information for inclusion in this list, please send email to email@example.com.
• Residential dining locations -- Pencader Dining and the Caesar Rodney Fresh Food Company -- will open for breakfast at 7 a.m., Feb. 12. Russell Dining will open on schedule for lunch at 11 a.m. Trabant Food Court will open at 9 a.m., and Perkins/Dunkin Donuts will open at 9:30 a.m., Feb. 12. The retail snackbar locations -- Walter's, Roundhouse POD, Gore POD, Coop, Einstein's, Figure Eight, Starbucks, Bleecker and Harrington POD -- are opening at 11 a.m., Feb. 12, in keeping with the University's late opening. Pencader POD has opened today.
• Student Health will be open for emergency appointments before 11 a.m., Feb. 12. Any other appointments scheduled before 11 a.m. on Tuesday will need to be rescheduled, including immunization, women’s health, sports medicine and general clinic appointments.
• UD buses are scheduled to begin operating at 10 a.m., Feb. 12.
• The Carpenter Sports Building will open at 10 a.m., Feb. 12, with programming,classes and other acttivities starting at 11 a.m.
• The Barnes and Noble UD Bookstore and cafe will be open from 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Feb. 12.
• The Morris Library will open at 11 a.m., Feb. 12.
Safety is UD's highest priority. Faculty, staff and students should not put themselves at risk, and employees who expect difficulty traveling should contact their supervisors.
The University's policy is reprinted below:
Faculty and students are not expected to take unnecessary risks to meet their teaching and learning obligations due to inclement weather. When classes have not been canceled, it is a matter of personal judgment whether traveling to campus is hazardous. Faculty should notify their departmental offices when weather precludes them from meeting their teaching obligations; similarly, students should notify their professors when inclement weather precludes them from class attendance. In such cases, students should be allowed to make up missed class time and, whenever possible, canceled classes should be rescheduled.