Parents and Family Weekend is Oct. 12-14
October 11, 2018
Faculty and staff encouraged to join in celebration of the UD community
The University of Delaware’s Parents and Family Weekend, scheduled for Friday, Oct. 12 through Sunday, Oct. 14, will bring thousands of families back to the UD campus for three days of engaging events and community celebration. Faculty and staff are encouraged to join in the fun and help families connect with programs and services that can support their students’ success.
Festivities will officially kick off at 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 12 with Major Mania at Perkins West Lounge. Students and families are also encouraged to stop by the Biden Institute from 3-5 p.m. for the Biden Institute and School of Public Policy and Administration Open House, and RSVPs are being accepted online. Friday’s headline event is the comedy show with Jeff Foxworthy, at 8 p.m. in the Bob Carpenter Center, and traffic is expected to be heavy on South College Avenue throughout Friday afternoon and evening. Tickets are on sale online now for the comedy show and other headline events.
Saturday will be the major day of programming, with multiple opportunities for faculty and staff to engage with families and students:
- Lavender (LGBTQ+) Reception at Perkins East Lounge from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Game Day Celebration* (formerly called the Family Fest Tailgate) at the Bob from 1-3 p.m.
- UD Football vs. Elon* at 3:30 p.m. in Delaware Stadium
- Games with UD Board Game Club from 6-10 p.m. in Memorial 109 and 110
- Magic and Murder Mystery* from 8-10 p.m. on the second floor of Morris Library
- Hen Zone Family Night from 8-11 p.m. in the Hen Zone on the lower level of Perkins Student Center
Asterisks(*) denote events for which tickets are on sale now.
For more information and a full schedule of events, visit the Parents and Family Weekend website.