June 4-8: Employee Appreciation Week
Photo by Doug Baker June 03, 2018
June 4 picnic moved to Trabant University Center
June 3 update: The annual UDid It! employee appreciation picnic will be held in the Trabant University Center Multipurpose Rooms and dining area because of accumulated rain over the weekend and the soaked condition of The Green.
University of Delaware President Dennis Assanis invites all faculty and staff members to attend the annual UDid It! employee appreciation picnic, to be held from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Monday, June 4, in the Trabant University Center Multipurpose Rooms and dining area. The picnic has been moved indoors because of accumulated rain over the weekend and the soaked condition of The Green.
UDid It! provides an opportunity for employees to enjoy lunch (including vegetarian options), music and games to celebrate another successful academic year.
The picnic kicks off the University’s Employee Appreciation Week, which also includes:
- Self-Care Day, Tuesday, June 5, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on the South Green.Visit with certified pet-therapy dogs and relax with outdoor yoga, free chair massages and more. (Massage appointments fill up quickly, but walk-ups will be accommodated to the extent possible.)
- Workplace Perspectives, featuring Alan Brangman, Wednesday, June 6, at 2 p.m. in Kirkbride Hall Room 004. Hear from UD’s executive vice president and University treasurer about his leadership and management experiences, and initiatives to assist and engage UD employees.
- Movie Night, Wednesday, June 6, at 6 p.m. in the Trabant University Center Theater. Bring your family for a showing of Moana.
- Spirit Day contest and appreciation stations, Thursday, June 7, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Represent your alma mater by wearing your school colors. Snap a photo of your team and post it to the UD Employees Facebook page. The team with the most likes will receive a day of wellbeing. Then visit the South Green to participate in four interactive stations, including flower arranging, barista, financial coaching and a photo booth where you can snap a picture with your colleagues for the Spirit Day contest.
- Employee Appreciation Night with the Blue Rocks, Friday, June 8 at 7:05 p.m. in Frawley Stadium. Join your colleagues along with YoUDee to cheer for the Wilmington Blue Rocks as they take on the Frederick Keys, then stay for postgame fireworks. UD has reserved the third base picnic area. Your ticket will allow you entry to the game and access to the picnic buffet dinner.
Employee Appreciation Week is a collaborative effort by Employee Health and Wellbeing and Human Resources. Please register for events and check for rain contingency plans at https://sites.udel.edu/wellbeing/employee-appreciation-week/.