UD closing at noon, March 7
March 07, 2018
UD's Newark campus to close at noon, today
March 8 update: The Unviersity of Delaware is open March 8 and operating on its normal schedule.
The University of Delaware will close at noon, today, March 7.
Classes scheduled to begin after noon, March 7, will not meet, and offices will be closed after that time. The University is expected to reopen on its normal schedule on Thursday, March 8.
Students in the Associate in Arts Program should follow the Delaware Technical Community College schedule.
Information about any additional closings or schedule changes will be posted on this page. Please check back for updates. To submit information for inclusion in this list, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The three residential dining locations -- Caesar Rodney, Russell and Pencader -- will be open for normal lunch and dinner hours of operation on March 7. Pencader will be closed for late night service. All retail locations will close at noon, today, with the exception of the Laird and Harrington PODs, which will be open for normal hours of operations.
• All evening activities at the UD Ice Arenas are canceled March 7. The Rust Ice Arena will close at 6:20 p.m. and the Gold Arena will close at 5:30 p.m.
• The University Student Centers will close at noon, March 7, and all events are canceled.
• Student Health Services will operate on its normal schedule March 7 and all scheduled appointments will be kept.
• UD Academic Centers at Delaware Technical Community College campuses in Dover and Georgetown remain open March 7.
• UD shuttle bus service will end at 1 p.m., March 7. All buses will make a final loop beginning at noon.
• The Carpenter Sports Builidng (Lil Bob) will close at 8 p.m. The 11:15 a.m. lap swim session will end at noon. All fitness classes, lap swim and rockwall hours scheduled at noon and after are canceled. Participants should monitor the @UDLilBob social media and website for further updates. Participants are also encouraged to register for the Recreation email list for updates at www.bluehens.com/recreationhours.
• The Barnes and Noble UD Bookstore at 83 East Main St. is closing at noon, March 7.
• The University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press are closed March 7, including the chemistry and physics branch libraries.
• The College School is closed March 7.
• The faculty promotion and tenure panel session scheduled March 7 has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
Safety is UD's highest priority. Faculty, staff and students should not put themselves at risk, and employees who expect difficulty traveling should contact their supervisors.
The University's policy is reprinted below:
Faculty and students are not expected to take unnecessary risks to meet their teaching and learning obligations due to inclement weather. When classes have not been canceled, it is a matter of personal judgment whether traveling to campus is hazardous. Faculty should notify their departmental offices when weather precludes them from meeting their teaching obligations; similarly, students should notify their professors when inclement weather precludes them from class attendance. In such cases, students should be allowed to make up missed class time and, whenever possible, canceled classes should be rescheduled.