UDrive Vehicle Check-Up canceled
March 20, 2018
March 21 event canceled because of predicted snow
Editor's note: With snow predicted for March 21, the Transportation Services Spring UDrive event that day has been canceled. The next event will be held in the fall semester.
Spring break is approaching rapidly, beginning after the last scheduled class on Friday, March 23. For members of the University of Delaware community who have had a busy spring semester and been unable to get their vehicles inspected recently, Transportation Services has partnered with Parking Services to offer a special service: UDrive Vehicle Check-Up.
This complimentary car inspection event is open to all UD faculty, staff and students. Vehicle Maintenance staff will perform a quick safety inspection of vehicles to help you get to your spring break destination safely.
UDrive will be held from noon-4 p.m., Wednesday, March 21, at the Vehicle Maintenance garage at 403 Wyoming Rd., where mechanics will top off fluids, check belts and wiper blades, pressurize tires and do a quick visual inspection of vehicles. Please be prepared to present your UD ONEcard.
“We look forward to seeing you at #UDriveVehicleCheck-Up,” said Shearee Barnett, manager of Transportation Services.
Alternate travel options
For those not driving during the break, Transportation Services offers the following information about some alternatives.
- SEPTA from Newark to Wilmington and Philadelphia: Service between the Newark train station and Center City Philadelphia along the SEPTA Wilmington/Newark Regional Rail line is available Monday through Friday. This line stops at the Wilmington Train Station to transfer to other destinations.
- SEPTA from Wilmington to Philadelphia: Service between the Wilmington train station and Center City Philadelphia is available via SEPTA’s Wilmington/Newark Regional Rail line.
- DART: Getting to the Newark train station and the Wilmington train station, bus routes 16, 33, 39 and 55 serve the Newark train station Monday through Friday on an extended daytime schedule (33 has weekend service, 55 has Saturday service). These routes also service the Wilmington train station as does bus route 6 (but it does not service the Newark train station.) Select New Castle County at this link: Wilmington Train Station/Greyhound Bus Station. For complete information on DART bus routes, visit the DART website.
- Unicity Bus: The Unicity Buses are free to the public. Buses operate Monday through Friday on daytime routes (except some holidays). Get the complete schedule here.
- AMTRAK from Newark along the Northeast Corridor: Limited AMTRAK service on the Northeast Regional line is available from the Newark train station. AMTRAK tickets can be purchased online.
- Megabus from Newark to Wilmington, Philadelphia, New York City and other destinations: Safe, convenient, affordable, daily express bus service. Departing from UD Parking Lot #6 on Christiana Drive, Laird Campus. http://us.megabus.com/
- CollegeCoachBus: from Newark to New Jersey and New York. Information at http://www.freewebs.com/catcharide/
- MyBusHome: from Newark to Westchester County and New England. Information at http://www1.udel.edu/transportation/MyBusHome.pdf
- Delaware Express: Safe, reliable, door-to-door service 24/7. Van, sedan, limo or bus. Serving all major airports. https://delexpress.com/airport-shuttle-service/
- Uber: Uber is essentially synonymous with taxis. A mobile app connects riders with drivers using their phone’s GPS capabilities. https://get.uber.com/