Suicide prevention training offered
March 21, 2018
Center for Counseling and Student Development offers training for faculty, staff
The University of Delaware Center for Counseling and Student Development will offer a special Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper training program for UD faculty and staff in April.
The training is scheduled from 1-3:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 4, in the Collins Room of the Perkins Student Center. Registration is required and may be completed online.
- learn to recognize signs of student distress,
- identify various signs of suicidality,
- familiarize themselves with de-escalataion techniques,
- build confidence in discussing students’ concerns,
- participate in interactive training and
- practice with case scenarios.
For additional information, contact Michele Juarez-Huffaker, coordinator of outreach and consultation programs at the Center for Counseling and Student Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.