UD parking changes, prices
July 10, 2018
University Parking Services announces changes and 2018-19 prices
University of Delaware Parking Services will be expanding current programs this fall.
The Trabant parking garage will follow the Center for the Arts and Perkins Student Center garage and change to a gateless location with eight pre-pay self-service kiosks. The PassPort app will also be available.
Hourly customers will pay upon arrival at one of the eight kiosks or via the app using their license plate instead of paying in the lobby when leaving.
Parking for permit holders in the garage will not change, except they will no longer need to swipe or tap their UD One card.
Event staffing will not change and may be requested via the event form found online.
In addition to the Trabant garage going gateless, fall semester changes include:
• UD Flex will be accepted at all parking kiosk stations as an additional payment option. Kiosk locations include the Visitors Center Lot, all three parking garages, lot 2A and lot 6.
• The Visitors Center on South College Avenue will be cashless. Payment methods will include credit cards, UD Flex, and validations.
• Pay lot rates will change slightly with the event and daily max rates on Friday, Saturday and Sunday increasing to $6. $5 Friday’s began in October of 2012 and expanded to include the weekend days a year later.
• The PassPort app will be expanded to all lots where visitor passes are accepted allowing visitors to pay hourly instead of daily. The rates will be standardized with the hourly garage rates. Additionally, departments can purchase validations to provide complimentary parking to their guests parking using the app. The app will be available in lots 1, 2, 2A, 3, 4C, 6, 7, 14C, 17C, 41, 44, 51, 54, 86, and 88.
• Students who purchase an academic or annual parking permit by Oct. 31 will receive complimentary bicycle storage during Winter and Summer of the same academic year.
• Lot 2, Townsend Hall lot, and lot 2A, 501 South College Avenue will change from red to gray south.
Parking Services also has announced 2018-19 prices, which are as follows:
• Motorcycle – $104 per year (increase of 34 cents per month); still no charge if added as a vehicle on any other permit.
• Red – $193 per year (increase of 50 cents per month).
• Gray – $456 per year (increase of $1.16 per month).
• Central – $592 per year (increase of $1.50 per month).
• Pearson – $638 per year (increase of $2 per month).
• Annual garage – $649 per year (increase of $1.58 per month).
To see a full listing of prices, refer to this website.
Registration for the 2018-19 academic year will be available online beginning the first business day in August at the permits website. In-person sales will begin during move-in weekend (Aug. 25-26) at the Parking Services office.