Jan. 18: Professional development information session in Wilmington
Photo by Evan Krape January 10, 2018
Business-, healthcare-, and fitness-focused professional development courses
A free information session introducing Spring 2018 professional development programs to prospective students will be held Thursday, Jan. 18 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Arsht Hall on the University of Delaware’s Wilmington Campus, 2700 Pennsylvania Ave.
New or recently restructured programs featured at the information session include a business analyst bootcamp, drone pilot training, a health informatics seminar, and exam prep offerings for HR professionals and personal trainers.
Hosted by UD’s Division of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS), the information session provides high-level program overviews and gives prospective students ample opportunities to network with faculty and program graduates so they can ask questions and learn more about the programs.
Addressing in-demand business-, healthcare-, and fitness-focused topics, skills, certifications, and credentials, Spring 2018 programs from UD PCS include:
• Advanced Telehealth Coordinator Certificate (online)
• Analytics: Optimizing Big Data Certificate
• Business Analysis Bootcamp and Certification Prep
• Business Process Improvement for Project Managers
• Clinical Trials Management Certificate (online)
• Essentials of Clinical Sleep Health and Education (online)
• Healthcare Risk Management (online)
• HR Certification Institute® (HRCI) Professional in Human Resources® (PHR) / Senior Professional in Human Resources® (SPHR) Exams
• Paralegal Certificate
• Personal Trainer/ACSM Test Prep
• Population Health Informatics for Healthcare Leaders
• Professional Drone Pilot Training & FAA Part 107 Test Prep
• Project Management Certificate
• Project Management Exam Prep (PMP®/CAPM®)
Planned with the needs of working professionals in mind, refreshments will be served at this event.
Additionally, virtual information sessions are scheduled for Jan. 23 and Jan. 24 for several online healthcare-related programs, including Essentials of Clinical Sleep Health and Education, Clinical Trials Management, Healthcare Risk Management and Advanced Telehealth Coordinator.
Professional development programs from UD PCS are scheduled to suit working professionals’ schedules, and most can be completed in about three months. Face-to-face classes meet at UD’s Arsht Hall in Wilmington or on UD’s main campus in Newark. One popular program, the Project Management Certificate, is offered in Newark, Wilmington and Dover. Some classes include virtual online class meetings to supplement classroom sessions, and some classes are offered completely online.
Most programs have a 10 percent early-bird discount for anyone who registers and pays in full for a program at or before the information session. Other program-specific scholarships and discounts may be available, including military discounts, group discounts, and various professional association discounts.
All information sessions are free, but reservations are requested. For more information about PCS programs, or to RSVP, call 302-831-7600, visit http://www.pcs.udel.edu/info-session/ or email PCS at email@example.com.