June 6: Chronic disease workshop
May 30, 2017
Chronic disease self-management workshop to meet at STAR Health Sciences Complex
A free, six-session chronic disease self-management workshop will begin on Tuesday, June 6, at the STAR Health Sciences Complex on the University of Delaware’s Science, Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Campus in Newark.
The workshop is open to the public and addresses anxiety, arthritis, asthma, blood pressure, COPD, depression, emphysema, heart disease, kidney disease and other physical or mental conditions.
The program will meet from 5:30 to 8 p.m. each Tuesday from June 6 to July 18 in the STAR Health Nurse Managed Primary Care Center (Suite 130). To register for the workshop, contact Ingrid Hansen at 302-831-8368 or email@example.com.
The workshop is designed to help community members:
• Prevent and/or delay health complications;
• Deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation;
• Learn about the appropriate exercise to maintain and improve strength, flexibility and endurance;
• Communicate effectively with health professionals and others; and
• Understand the value of nutrition.
The workshop is presented by the Delaware Chronic Disease Self-Management Program. For additional information, visit the Delaware Division of Public Health website.