July 25: Diabetes workshop
July 13, 2017
Diabetes self-management workshop set at STAR Health Sciences Complex
A free six-session diabetes self-management workshop will begin July 25 and run through Aug. 29 at the University of Delaware’s STAR Health Sciences Complex.
Meetings take place each Tuesday from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in the STAR Health Nurse Managed Primary Care Center (Suite 130) on UD’s Science, Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Campus in Newark.
Program dates are July 25, Aug. 1, Aug. 8, Aug. 15, Aug. 22 and Aug. 29.
The workshop will help participants:
• Prevent and/or delay health complications;
• Improve their hemoglobin A1C (average blood sugar reading);
• Make better food choices and lose weight;
• Better control their glucose levels through exercise and stress management; and
• Improve their ability to communicate with their health care providers.
To register, contact Ingrid Hansen at email@example.com or call 302-831-8368. The workshop is presented by the Delaware Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP).