Teaching, learning grants
February 22, 2017
Faculty Commons partners to host First Friday Roundtable on UD grants
The First Friday Roundtable series at the University of Delaware continues on March 3 with "Teaching and Learning Grants @ UD," a program highlighting many of the teaching and learning grants that are available to UD faculty.
From 3:30-5 p.m. in 208 Gore Hall, UD faculty and staff will briefly introduce grant programs focused on improving teaching and learning. Following the introductions, they will answer questions from faculty who are interested in potentially applying. Register here.
Among the units and grants that will be represented are:
• Center for Science, Ethics and Public Policy: Integrative Curriculum Development Grants.
• Center for Study of Diversity: Diversity Research Grant Program.
• Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning: Travel grants, instructional improvement grants.
• Provost's office: Provost's Initiative for Excellence in Innovation in E-Learning.
• UD Library: Special Collections and Museums grants.
Although not all grant programs will have active requests for proposals at the time of the roundtable, participants will be able to understand some of the sources of funds that are commonly available for improving teaching and learning.
The First Friday Roundtables are monthly discussions that provide an opportunity for faculty, instructors, and graduate students to examine teaching, learning, and assessment practices and issues. For information regarding future session topics and dates, visit the Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning’s website.
The First Friday Roundtables are designed and sponsored through a collaboration of Faculty Commons partners including IT Academic Technology Services, the Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education, the University of Delaware Library and the Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning.