A very haunted Homecoming
October 20, 2016
UDHC, Halloween combine for festivities of all kinds
University of Delaware students looking to celebrate next week have more festive options than usual, thanks to Homecoming and Halloween week falling on the same dates.
Many departments within the Division of Student Life have planned hybrid freebies and parties, to give students of all interests something to look forward to as they ring in either holiday.
Student Wellness and Health Promotion and Promoters of Wellness will host kiosks throughout the week starting on Monday, Oct. 24, with free keepsake Homecoming cups, Halloween candy and condoms. Students can also take advantage of a free trip to Launch Trampoline Park, UD-themed Perkins Live programming, a Haunted Homecoming Party and more.
Halloween festivities continue the following week with international horror films and a game night with caramel apples, popcorn, candy and other Halloween snacks in the Hen Zone. Events include:
• Oct. 24, 28, and 31 from noon-2 p.m. in Perkins Student Center: Haunted Homecoming kiosks, free for all students (also held in Trabant University Center on Oct. 26).
• Oct. 28 at 7 p.m. in Mitchell Hall: The Multicultural Greek Congress’ annual Homecoming Step Show (tickets $5 for students in advance and $7 for the public from UD box offices, or $7 for students and $10 for the public at the door if seats remain).
• Oct. 28 with shuttles running 9:30 p.m.-midnight from Perkins and Trabant: Launch Trampoline Event with Opt4, free for all students with UD ID (must wear socks and sign waiver).
• Oct. 28 from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. in Perkins: Perkins Live, featuring Blue Hen Bingo with the Board Game Club, giant photo strips and UD spirit-themed snacks; free for all students.
• Oct. 29 at 8 p.m. in Mitchell Hall: Cultural Programming Advisory Board’s annual Homecoming Comedy Show featuring Benji Brown, Tiffany Haddish, Ronnie Jordan and TuRae (tickets $5 for students in advance and $12 for the public from UD box offices).
• Oct. 29 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. in Trabant Multipurpose Room: Trabant Now Haunted Homecoming Party with costume contest, DJ and food, free for all students.
• Oct. 31 from 6-10 p.m. in Trabant Theater: Halloween Double Horror Feature with International Film Club, featuring Hausu and City of the Living Dead, free for all students.
• Oct. 31 from 8 p.m.-midnight in the Hen Zone on the lower level of Perkins: Halloween in the Hen Zone, featuring all the table, board and video games that the Hen Zone has to offer with fresh popcorn, caramel apples, apple cider, Halloween cookies and candy; free for all students.
Additional events including sugar skull decorating, mischief night themed plays, more scary movies and the annual HOLAween celebration can be found on StUDent Central.