Medical Laboratory Sciences: M.S.
This accelerated degree program provides high performing students with the opportunity to complete a bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science and a master’s degree in medical sciences in less time and at less cost than completing both programs individually. With a combined degree, students will have specialized, in-depth professional skills knowledge and will be prepared to succeed within the increasingly complex clinical laboratory science sector. In today’s competitive employment market, individuals seeking management and leadership positions in the laboratory-based professions require a graduate level degree. The 4+1, B.S./M.S. allows students to specifically tailor their graduate program of study to meet their specific career goals, whether it be laboratory administration, research settings or laboratory science education.
Benefits of the program include:
- Gaining a workforce-ready, well-rounded and marketable technical skill set geared for future employment
- Exposure to regulatory, fiscal and management aspects of laboratory practice
- Rapid and fixed time frame of degree completion (18 months)
- Internships integrated into the curriculum offer a leg up in the job market upon graduation
- Preparation to sit for the medical laboratory scientist board of certification exam offered through the American Society for Clinical Pathology, MLS(ASCP)
|January 15: Final deadline to apply|
The 2022-2023 UD graduate student tuition rate per credit hour is $979.
Due to a College of Health Sciences Dean’s Scholarship, the student tuition rate is lower than the published UD graduate tuition rate. The final student tuition rate for the Medical Laboratory Sciences program is $725/credit. Please contact the department for more information. BHAN