Dean’s Advisory Council
The College of Earth, Ocean and Environment (CEOE) Dean’s Advisory Council provides advice regarding the achievement of the college’s strategic objectives and helps garner resources needed to meet college goals. We gratefully acknowledge the following individuals for their service to the Advisory Council.
Professor Emeritus, UD CEOE
’74 B.S.A.S. Geology, B.A. Physics
Principal, KC Geoscience Consulting
Vice President for Research,
Commercialization and Outreach , Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Tracy C. Hancock
’90 B.S. Geology
CEO, Ensyn Corporation
’94 M.S., ’03 Ph.D.
Program Director, National Science Foundation
Paul P. Krishna
'86 B.S. Geology
Sustainability Manager, ExxonMobil
Gerhard F. Kuska
'88 BA, '05 PhD
Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Regional Association Coastal Ocean Observing System (MARACOOS)
Director of Open Innovation (retired), Procter & Gamble
Ralph Leon, Chairman
Research, Environmental Education (retired)
John H. Talley, Vice-Chairman
’69 B.A.A.S. Geology
State Geologist (retired), Delaware Geological Survey
Professor, University of Connecticut
Executive Director, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project Authority
Marine Transportation Specialist, Geodis Wilson
to those who have formerly served on the Dean's Advisory Council
The CEOE Dean’s Advisory Council was founded in 2010 by the following:
- Brian F. Atwater, a 2010 inductee to the UD Alumni Wall of Fame who earned his doctorate in geology in 1980 and is a geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey at the Department of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Washington;
- David Einolf, a 1984 graduate with a master’s in marine studies and founder of Endeavor EHS LLC;
- Evelyn Maurmeyer, who earned her master’s and doctorate in geology in 1974 and 1978, respectively, and is president of Coastal and Estuarine Research Inc.;
- Patricia Robertson, a 1972 graduate with a master’s in biology and retired teacher; and
- Nick Vrolijk, who received marine studies master’s and doctoral degrees in 1988 and 1992, respectively, and is vice president of manufacturing at Celgene Corp.
We are grateful to the individuals below who have previously served on the Dean's Advisory Council.
- Brian Atwater, ’80 Ph.D. and U.S.G.S. at Dept. of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Washington
- James Demarest, '75 M.S., '81 Ph.D. and Director of International Exploration, Noble Energy
- Costel D. Denson, retired, Vice Provost for Research, University of Delaware
- David Einolf, '84 M.S. in marine studies and founder of Endeavor EHS LLC
- Gerhard Kuska, '88 B.S., '05 Ph.D. and director of MARACOOS
- Kirk Malloy, '90 M.S., '93 Ph.D. and Vice President Customer Solutions, Illumina, Inc.
- Peter Mandelstam, founder and president of Bluewater Wind LLC
- Evelyn Maurmeyer, ’74 M.S., ’78 Ph.D. President Coastal & Estuarine Research Co.
- Patricia Robertson, ’72 M.S. and Co-founder of NanoDrop Technologies
- Robert Specter, Vice President for Finance and Treasurer, The Catholic University of America
- Nick Vrolijk ’88 M.S., ’92 Ph.D., and Vice President of Commercial Manufacturing Celldex Therapeutics