Eliphalet Gilbert Hall
[room number] Gilbert Hall
310 Haines St
Newark, DE 19717
ABOUT ELIPHALET GILBERT
Completed in 2013, Eliphalet Gilbert is the one of the newest additions to the University's residence halls. Eliphalet Gilbert joins Louis L. Redding, Russell, Lane & Thompson on the Harrington Beach, with a sand volleyball court and lighted turf field behind Perkins Student Center (home to The Scrounge, Dunkin' Donuts, and The Hen Zone).
Rooms in Gilbert are traditional-style, meaning that floors consist of several shared bedrooms, which a large shared bathroom for each gender on the floor. The bedrooms are single-gender, but the floor is co-ed.
Gilbert is an air-conditioned building with an elevator, kitchen, study lounges on each floor as well as a large recreation lounge and quiet lounge on the first floor. The laundry room is on the first floor.
Gilbert is also the home of the Residence Life and Housing office, all student rooms are on floors 2 and above.
Meet Your Residence Hall Coordinator
Navigate an example triple in Gilbert. Room types and layouts may vary.
Building Information: Furniture & Specs
- Each room includes a desk, chair and bed for each occupant. Wardrobes and dressers may be shared.
- The beds in Gilbert are adjustable at the lowest setting you will have 10” below the bed and at the highest setting you will have 30” under the bed.
- The desks have three pedestal drawers and one lap drawer.
- Rooms have neutral grey floor tile, one or two windows with pull down shade, and two ceiling lights.
- Gilbert is an air-conditioned hall
- Gilbert has an elevator
- The laundry room is located on the first floor
- Each floor has a study lounge and the first floor has a large lounge with a television
- All residence halls are equipped with eduroam, UD's secure wifi. Bedrooms also have ethernet ports for each resident.
Residence Life & Housing is part of the Division of Student Life, which contributes and facilitates critical learning and development within healthy, inclusive and supportive communities, so that all students may thrive at UD and beyond.