Apply for Readmission
Interested in returning to the University of Delaware?
The readmission application should be used by individuals seeking to return to the institution for degree-seeking purposes, including University Studies majors. Students that are only returning to take a course or two, without the intent of fulfilling a degree, should contact Professional & Continuing Studies.
You may apply for Readmission to the University of Delaware using the application below if you fall under one of these two categories of students:
- Students who were previously enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at UD and now wish to return to the University after an official separation (i.e. student withdrawal, judicial action or an absence of 15 months or more).
- Students who have already earned a University of Delaware undergraduate degree.
Students may apply for readmission for the Fall or Spring Semesters. The deadline to submit the readmission application is the end of the Free Drop/Add period for the application term. (See academic calendar dates.)
To proceed, you will need your student ID number and your PIN. If you do not know your PIN, go to UD PIN reset.
Please review the information below before completing the application.
- A $40.00 non-refundable fee is required with the application.
- As a student applying for readmission, you are not guaranteed admission to the academic program to which you had been previously matriculated. Consult the college to which you are seeking readmission for further information concerning specific academic requirements for readmission eligibility. Contact information can be found here.
- Some academic departments have additional requirements for readmission. You will be contacted if you have selected a major from one of those departments.
- If you were dismissed from the University for academic deficiency, you may be considered for readmission once your cumulative GPA is at least 2.00. Courses taken and grades earned through Professional & Continuing Studies prior to your return will affect your academic standing at the University.
- If you were suspended from the University for disciplinary reasons, you will need to contact the Office of Student Conduct at (302) 831-2116 to update your records before your readmission can be processed.
- If you have attended any other institution since your last enrollment at the University of Delaware, you will need to include your course information. You may also review the Transfer Credit Equivalency Search for more information.
- Any financial obligations to the University of Delaware must be satisfied before you can be readmitted. You may contact Student Financial Services concerning this obligation at (302) 831-2126.
- Once a decision on your readmission application has been made, you will be notified by email.
For questions about the process, please email Registrar@udel.edu or call (302) 831-2132.