Commencement Directions and Parking
Directions to Delaware Stadium
- From the North and the East:
I-95 South to Delaware exit 1-B, Route 896 north. Delaware Stadium is located on the right, after Routes 4/896 intersection and between the Bob Carpenter Center and the Delaware Field House.
- From the South and the West:
I-95 North to Maryland Exit 109B, Route 279 north (also called Route 2). Proceed on this road which becomes Elkton Road into Newark. Turn right at the intersection of Routes 2 (279) and 4. Turn left at intersection of Routes 4/896. The Delaware Stadium is located on the right, between the Bob Carpenter Center and the Delaware Field House.
University of Delaware parking lots are complimentary for guests on 5/26, 5/27 and 5/28.
- If you are attending a convocation ceremony on the Green:
We recommend parking in any of the lots marked on this map.
- If you are attending a ceremony at Delaware Stadium or at the Bob Carpenter Center:
Please expect to be directed to the closest possible parking spot by parking attendants on-site. Shuttles will transport guests across the street on South Campus. No shuttles will be running from central campus. Please drive, or use a rideshare like Lyft. Golf carts will be available to escort patrons closer to the stadium.
- On Saturday May 28th, please expect extremely heavy traffic on I-95, especially after 8 a.m. Guests are highly encouraged to arrive early. Lots open at 5 a.m.
For additional information while visiting campus: https://www.udel.edu/about/visit/
For additional information while visiting Newark, DE: https://newarkde.gov/