3:22 p.m., May 26, 2010----The new LearnIT@UD website makes learning how to harness technology at UD more flexible, accessible, and customizable.
LearnIT@UD acts as a gateway to education resources for faculty, staff, and students. The site features access to instructor-led training, real-time streaming of classes, versions of previously offered training sessions, technology training through UD subscriptions to vtc.com and Lynda.com, and a variety of resources gathered from around the Web.
According to Jean Neff, coordinator of IT training and education in IT Client Support and Services, “We're building a collection of training resources and making them available in a variety of formats. Our goal is to provide the campus with the IT training they need, anytime and from anywhere.”
For example, the Excel 2007 Tips and Tricks session was held in the Smith Hall IT Training Room. Using UD Capture, the session was recorded and is linked from the course page on the LearnIT@UD website. It was also viewed live from remote locations through real-time streaming.
One viewer, Debbie Booth, who participated from her office in Lewes, said, "What a wonderful service. I felt like I was in the classroom. I was able to follow along and participate in the class demonstration in the moment. The University as a whole will benefit. Now employees in positions away from the main campus can participate in the IT learning experience without the travel.”
The LearnIT@UD site also offers many self-paced online training opportunities. “We're making this website a place where you can find the IT training that matches your needs,” Neff said. “We continue to add resources and classes, and we can also create a customized training experience for your unit.”
Through links on the website, you can:
- Find a Training Course or Resource: Search by topic or by type of resource for the training solution that best meets your needs.
- View the LearnIT Training Calendar: View the familiar calendar of courses then register for a session.
- Request Custom Training: Request a class tailored to the needs of your unit or group.
Several news feeds keep you informed about technology on campus and beyond:
- LearnIT@UD Café provides up-to-date news on new training opportunities and resources.
- Tech Tips shows you how to get the most out of the technology available at the University through a series of tips, tricks, and techniques.
- Worldwide IT News offers information about IT training and resources from around the world.
To request training you don't see listed, request more information about LearnIT@UD, or provide feedback about our training services, use the website Contact Us form.