A special University of Delaware evening with the Wilmington Blue Rocks baseball team for UD employees will be held at 6:05 p.m., Saturday, April 30, at Frawley Stadium.
During fall 2011, the University of Delaware Office of Educational Assessment (OEA) offered freshmen and senior students the opportunity to volunteer to take a 40-minute Educational Testing Services Educational Proficiency Profile (EPP) test of the general education skills of writing, quantitative reasoning and critical thinking to have a chance to win an iPad2.
"Pieces of Procurement," a daylong series of information sessions offered by University of Delaware Procurement Services, will be held Tuesday April 19, at Clayton Hall.
All University of Delaware employees are invited to register now for the annual "Step into Spring" walking program sponsored by the HealthyU Employee Wellness Program.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is changing. The current GRE General Test will be replaced with a new test beginning Aug. 1, along with a totally revamped rating scale.
The second part of a spring University of Delaware Faculty Roundtable Series, "Speaking of Teaching," has been announced. The series will meet from 2:30-4 p.m. on Friday afternoons, April 8-29.
The University of Delaware Library announces that the Morris Library will be open 24 hours a day beginning Wednesday, May 18, which is the first Reading Day, through Wednesday, May 25, when the Morris Library closes at 7 p.m. when the last final exam begins.
As a follow up to last year's successful initiative, the University of Delaware Office of Graduate and Professional Education, in collaboration with the Division of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS), seeks to contract with academic units to develop and deliver distance education graduate programs (master's and graduate certificate programs).
With the newly revised Travel and Business Hosting Policy (3-7) and the UD Credit Card Policy (5-22) now in effect, Procurement Services has scheduled an all-day training session on Tuesday, April 19, to further educate users about "pieces of procurement and accounts payable," along with highlighting the policy changes.
The University of Delaware Sustainability Task Force is seeking two undergraduate students and two graduate students to join the task force co-chairs -- John Madsen and Kathleen Kerr -- at the ACPA Sustainability Institute in Boulder, Colo.
- Rozovsky wins prestigious NSF Early Career Award
- UD students meet alumni, experience 'closing bell' at NYSE
- Newark Police seek assistance in identifying suspects in robbery
- Rivlin says bipartisan budget action, stronger budget rules key to reversing debt
- Stink bugs shouldn't pose problem until late summer
- Gao to honor Placido Domingo in Washington performance
- Adopt-A-Highway project keeps Lewes road clean
- WVUD's Radiothon fundraiser runs April 1-10
- W.D. Snodgrass Symposium to honor Pulitzer winner
- New guide helps cancer patients manage symptoms
- UD in the News, March 25, 2011
- For the Record, March 25, 2011
- Public opinion expert discusses world views of U.S. in Global Agenda series
- Congressional delegation, dean laud Center for Community Research and Service program
- Center for Political Communication sets symposium on politics, entertainment
- Students work to raise funds, awareness of domestic violence
- Equestrian team wins regional championship in Western riding
- Markell, Harker stress importance of agriculture to Delaware's economy
- Carol A. Ammon MBA Case Competition winners announced
- Prof presents blood-clotting studies at Gordon Research Conference
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month events, programs announced
- Stay connected with Sea Grant, CEOE e-newsletter
- A message to UD regarding the tragedy in Japan
- March 31-May 14: REP stages Neil Simon's 'The Good Doctor'
- April 2: Newark plans annual 'wine and dine'
- April 5: Expert perspective on U.S. health care
- April 5: Comedian Ace Guillen to visit Scrounge
- April 6, May 4: School of Nursing sponsors research lecture series
- April 6-May 4: Confucius Institute presents Chinese Film Series on Wednesdays
- April 6: IPCC's Pachauri to discuss sustainable development in DENIN Dialogue Series
- April 7: 'WVUDstock' radiothon concert announced
- April 8: English Language Institute presents 'Arts in Translation'
- April 9: Green and Healthy Living Expo planned at The Bob
- April 9: Center for Political Communication to host Onion editor
- April 10: Alumni Easter Egg-stravaganza planned
- April 11: CDS session to focus on visual assistive technologies
- April 12: T.J. Stiles to speak at UDLA annual dinner
- April 15, 16: Annual UD push lawnmower tune-up scheduled
- April 15, 16: Master Players series presents iMusic 4, China Magpie
- April 15, 16: Delaware Symphony, UD chorus to perform Mahler work
- April 18: Former NFL Coach Bill Cowher featured in UD Speaks
- April 21-24: Sesame Street Live brings Elmo and friends to The Bob
- April 30: Save the date for Ag Day 2011 at UD
- April 30: Symposium to consider 'Frontiers at the Chemistry-Biology Interface'
- April 30-May 1: Relay for Life set at Delaware Field House
- May 4: Delaware Membrane Protein Symposium announced
- May 5: Northwestern University's Leon Keer to deliver Kerr lecture
- May 7: Women's volleyball team to host second annual Spring Fling
- Through May 3: SPPA announces speakers for 10th annual lecture series
- Through May 4: Global Agenda sees U.S. through others' eyes; World Bank president to speak
- Through May 4: 'Research on Race, Ethnicity, Culture' topic of series
- Through May 9: Black American Studies announces lecture series
- Through May 11: 'Challenges in Jewish Culture' lecture series announced
- Through May 11: Area Studies research featured in speaker series
- Through June 5: 'Andy Warhol: Behind the Camera' on view in Old College Gallery
- Through July 15: 'Bodyscapes' on view at Mechanical Hall Gallery