New Student Orientation 2013
Welcome to the University of Delaware Honors Program community!
Your first assignment is to read all of the information in the New Student Orientation (NSO) newsletter, which was mailed to you in mid-May. Your second assignment as a new Honors Program student is to complete the items below:
1. Register for an NSO date (instructions in NSO newsletter):
- The NSO dates available for you to select are based on your current declared major. Please note that Honors Program students may have different dates to select than traditional students in the same major.
- If you change your major after you select an NSO date, please contact the Honors Program Office at email@example.com. Since the NSO dates available are based on your official declared major, changing your major will likely necessitate a different NSO date.
- If you are unable to attend NSO on any of the available dates listed or there are no available dates for your major, please follow the instructions on the form and select the "Need to speak with NSO Staff" option. We will attempt to schedule you for an alternate date, but your options will be very limited due to advisor availability.
- The Honors Program coordinates the NSO schedule for all new Honors students. Questions about NSO dates for Honors Program students should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the NSO Office about issues regarding scheduling an NSO date.
- We strongly recommend that you select your NSO date no later than Friday, June 14.
2. Read the information about math placement for Honors Program students and take the appropriate placement test for your major as soon as possible (click here to see information about math placement.)
3. Get to know your Honors Peer Advisors! The HPAs will help you with academic information and orient you to the Honors First Year Experience.
4. Complete and submit the Student Health & Immunization Forms included with the NSO newsletter.
5. Watch for our next mailing in June about Honors advisement and course selection!
JUNE 7: Last day to mail Calculus Placement Test
JUNE 14: Register for NSO date and complete Standard Math Placement Test by this date
The Honors Program Staff looks forward to meeting you this summer!