The Institute for Global Studies (IGS) is a premier center for international education at the University of Delaware. We are forging partnerships in academics, research and public service around the world and educating engaged, global citizens.
Our Global Initiative focuses on helping students to expand their awareness and knowledge of the economic, political, cultural and social issues facing the world—and the skills to address them. This commitment to preparing students to be global citizens embraces diversity in all of its richness, on campus, across the U.S., and in countries and cultures worldwide.
NEWS & EVENTS
- Global Month at UD! Celebrate a world of global opportunities throughout November
- 2014 Study Abroad Director of the Year: Greg Shriver
- Global Studies Minor
- Fulbright Initiative
- Nov. 16-22 International Education Week
- International Coaching Enrichment Certificate Program
- Global Initiative to "kNOw Violence"
- buildOn in Burkina Faso
- IGS-Globex Funding
- International Internships
- Lunchtime Speaker Series Features UD Projects from Asia to Antarctica
IGS BlogSee how UD students are becoming informed, skilled, and open-minded citizens while traveling the world.
India BlogThe Longwood Graduate Fellows travel to India for an international experience in public horticulture.
Nursing in South AfricaFollow Nursing students as they engage in the changing health care system of South Africa.