Incorporate career planning and development into your First Year Seminar by inviting the Career Services Center to present to your class! Fill out the program request form to begin the process of organizing a presentation on how first year students can begin to work towards career success. A CSC staff member will follow up with you within two business days.
- Students will learn how to:
- Select Career Interests so They Receive Relevant and Personalized Information, Career Opportunities and Event Invites from the CSC
- Get Familiar with Handshake
- Craft a Resume That Can be Used to Apply to Internships and Jobs
- Have a Career Conversation with a UD Alum
- Begin to build a professional network
Questions?: Any questions can be directed to Rachel Coppola, Associate Director of Counseling & Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic learning coupled with career exploration and preparation can help students connect their undergraduate experiences with their future goals. Whether you are looking for an assignment that links your discipline to career awareness or you just want to make sure your students are able to articulate their experiences, we have an assignment that could work in your syllabus (or be used for extra credit).
- Industry Awareness Assignment - This assignment is designed to help students understand what it means to work in a particular industry as well as think critically about why they are interested in working in that particular field.
- V-Mock Assignment – This assignment helps students create their first college resume and uses the V-Mock platform, which incorporates data analysis and artificial intelligence to provide resume feedback in three critical areas: impact, presentation, and soft skills.
Other ideas for assignments can be:
- Drafting resumes and having them reviewed by CSC staff.
- Attendance at a workshop, employer event or career fair and reporting on the experience.
- Sign up for Career Communities and Career Interests Through Handshake.
Grading Rubrics for these assignments can be requested from Rachel Coppola at email@example.com
We are also happy to work with you to develop you to develop a unique career assignment for your students. Reach out to Rachel Coppola, Associate Director (302-831-8573) for details.