Article by Casey Impagliazzo | January 19, 2018
Students and staff collaborate on sanction protocol
Article by College of Arts and Sciences Communications Staff | January 19, 2018
Collaborative projects focus on equity, inclusion in education
Article by UDaily staff | January 19, 2018
Georgetown professor to talk about teaching, research and activism today
Search for the next provost
November 10, 2017
President Assanis announces search committee, upcoming forums
The national search for the next provost of the University of Delaware is underway with the appointment of a search committee and two upcoming forums to seek campus input, University President Dennis Assanis announced today.
To take on this important task, Assanis has appointed a search committee co-chaired by Estella Atekwana, dean of the College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment, and John Pelesko, associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of mathematical sciences.
Other members of the committee are
- Maria Aristigueta, director, School of Public Policy and Administration; Charles P. Messick Chair of Public Administration; College of Arts and Sciences;
- Carlos Asarta, director for the Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship; associate professor of economics; Lerner College of Business and Economics
- Martha Buell, president of Faculty Senate; professor of human development and family studies; College of Education and Human Development;
- Natalie Criscenzo, president of Student Government Association; energy and environmental policy and public policy major; College of Arts and Sciences;
- Tiffany Gill, associate professor of Africana studies and history; College of Arts and Sciences;
- John Jeka, chair, kinesiology and applied physiology; College of Health Sciences;
- Kristi Kiick, deputy dean, College of Engineering; Blue and Gold Distinguished Professor, Material Sciences and Engineering;
- Salil Lachke, associate professor of biological sciences; Gerard Mangone Scholar; Pew Scholar in the Biomedical Sciences; College of Arts and Sciences;
- Abraham Lenhoff, Allan P. Colburn Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; Delaware Biotechnology Institute; College of Engineering;
- David Maisson, president of Graduate Student Government; Doctoral candidate in Psychological and Brain sciences; College of Arts and Sciences;
- Debra Hess Norris, chair and professor of photograph conservation, Department of Art Conservation; Unidel Henry Francis du Pont Chair; director, Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation; College of Arts and Sciences; trustee;
- Thomas Powers, associate professor of philosophy; College of Arts and Sciences, Director for the Center for Science, Ethics and Public Policy;
- Mary Remmler, vice president of strategic planning and analysis; and
- Chris Williams, professor of entomology and wildlife ecology; College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
The executive search consulting firm Russell Reynolds has been selected to assist the search committee in identifying exemplary candidates for this position. Assisting Assanis and the search committee during the search process will be Glenn Carter, vice president for communications and marketing, and Susan Williams, assistant to the president.
To gather input from the University community, two public forums are scheduled on campus next week. The first forum is for faculty only and will be held 4-5 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 16, in Multipurpose Room A of Trabant University Center. The second is open to students, faculty and staff and will be held in the same location from 11 a.m. to noon, Friday, Nov. 17.
Those unable to attend the forums will have future opportunities to communicate their perspectives with the search committee.
The next provost will succeed Domenico Grasso, who served in the role for the past four years and stepped down Oct. 15. Robin Morgan, a member of the UD faculty for 32 years, is currently serving as interim provost.
Article by Adam Thomas | January 18, 2018
UD study looks at how light pollution lures birds into urban areas during fall migration
Article by Carlett Spike | January 18, 2018
UD faculty explain research, the importance of volunteers
Article by Dante LaPenta | January 19, 2018
The College of Health Sciences Pipeline Program engages local high school students to inspire future healthcare workforce