Article by Karen B. Roberts | December 18, 2017
UD-pioneered technology to accelerate changes in energy and transportation
Article by Isabel DiGiovanni | December 18, 2017
Diet research study incorporates community-focused nutrition education for preschoolers
Article by Julie Stewart | December 18, 2017
UD chemical engineers discover how some bacteria resist threats
Figure skating team begins season with gold medal
November 28, 2017
Second competition will be in February at MIT
The University of Delaware Collegiate Figure Skating Team (UDFS) traveled to New York University before Thanksgiving break to compete at the first intercollegiate figure skating competition of the season and returned home with the gold medal.
The team totaled 124.5 points, with Boston University earning 111 points for second place and Dartmouth College in third with 100.5 points.
Team President Chloe Roberts came into this competition nervous but ready and excited to see what the team would bring to the table this season.
“We have so much new talent and amazing returning members who were all on top of their game,” Roberts said. “We had so many people step up to help the team on and off the ice. I could not be more proud to be a part of this team. Our other top competitors, Boston and Dartmouth, always keep us on our toes with their own amazing skaters and that’s what makes each season interesting and fun. I can’t wait for another fun and amazing season with my team”
Freshman Emily Joseph was thrilled for her first collegiate competition. She described her first collegiate competition by saying, “This weekend allowed me to realize how supportive and incredible our team truly is. I had so much fun becoming closer with the team this past weekend.”
Vice President Samantha Puhl finished second in the senior ladies competition.
“I’m excited to see that the competitive spectrum of our team is growing and each member, whether veteran or rookie, is bringing something new and better to the table,” Puhl said. “I think it’s safe to say we’re coming back from our second place national finish last season with a more success driven and power hungry mentality. “
The intercollegiate figure skating season continues Feb. 2 - 4 when UD travels to the Massachusetts Institution of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts, to compete in the second competition of the season.
The UD results for the 2017 New York University Intercollegiate Competition include:
• Alannah Binotto: second place, gold dance; second place, international dance.
• Brynn Dayton: first place, low team maneuvers; first place, preliminary.
• Hannah Gottfried: first place, high team maneuvers; second place, junior ladies short; third place, preliminary dance; second place, juvenile dance; first place, junior ladies championship.
• Lindsay Jarger: second place, medium team maneuvers.
• Emily Joseph : first place, high team maneuvers; first place, juvenile ladies.
• Cassady Konu: fourth place, international dance.
• Samantha Lee: second place medium team maneuvers; second place intermediate ladies short.
• Kayla Nodecker: sixth place, novice dance.
• Samantha Puhl: first place, high team maneuvers; second place, senior ladies championship
• Chloe Roberts: first place, pre-juvenile ladies; fourth place, intermediate dance.
• Ashley Rooney: third place, senior ladies long.
• Melissa Rosales: first place, high team maneuvers; first place, senior ladies long.
• Julia Rowland: first place, junior ladies long.
• Regina Rubino: first place, low team maneuvers; third place, juvenile ladies.
• McKenna Schindler: second place, medium team maneuvers; second place, junior ladies long.
• Brooke Tripp: second place, medium team maneuvers; first place, intermediate ladies long.
• Victoria Wahlquist: third place, intermediate dance.
• Kameron Wong: first place, low team maneuvers; second place, pre-juvenile ladies; third place, senior dance.
• Sumika Yamada: first place, high team maneuvers; second place, senior ladies short; third place, senior ladies championship; first place, preliminary dance; first place, juvenile dance.
Article by UDaily staff | December 15, 2017
Update: Weather Service issues advisory for Dec. 15
Article by UDaily staff | December 15, 2017
University community reports recent presentations, publications, honors
Article by Athletic Department Staff | December 15, 2017
The late UD football coach to be honored at Bob Carpenter Center